Latex says ( unknown graphics format jpg,eps, etc).

Latex says ( unknown graphics format jpg,eps, etc).

Post by J.Vamsidha » Mon, 17 Feb 1997 04:00:00

hi,

I am trying to paste a part of a fig file in a*document. First I
tried exporting it as reccomended to a ps/latex file ( both the ps and
*parts) and include it in the*file. it worked, but the problem
was that, even a small fig file wanted an entire a4 page. then I tried
exporting it to eps and using the graphics package in*and the
command " \includegraphics*[x1,y1][x2,y2]{file.eps} " as given in Leslie
Lamports " Latex: A document prep.. blah... blah" to cut a part of the eps
file, but*says, eps not recognized. same for jpeg.

     None of the web links I have searched tell me how to resolve this
problem. Everybody assumes that graphics accepts jpg.

    I need to get this right soon for a report. Any help will be very
much appreciated. Please mail me, as I don't check the news groups too often.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time. Hope my lengthy posting which was
only meant to clarify, didn't pain you too much.

sincerely

-Vamsi

Latex says ( unknown graphics format jpg,eps, etc).

Post by Paolo Ciccon » Tue, 18 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Have you tried to post on the*newsgroup ?  An easy solution is
to convert the BMP file using BM2FONT. It generates a set of TeX fonts
files that recreate the bitmap image.

                                                  Paolo
--
The opinions expressed here are exclusively my own

1. Unknown graphic format

I need some help identifying the format of some photographic image file.
I think the original extension was .MMP (I'm not totally sure) and the
file begins with the characters YUV12C that I take as some kind of
identification. I'd like to transform this format into jpeg or bmp for
example. Is there any program that can do this for me? If not, how could
I get the information necessary to program one myself? In the worst
case, how could I *decrypt* the file format (get the number of colors,
pixels, etc.)?

Could somebody help me? Thanks in advance

Jose Ramon Gallo

2. Need fire algorithm

3. Monthly LightWave mailing list FAQ

4. Help with unknown graphics format