POV parse inconsistent

Post by Thomas K. Ota » Sun, 20 Feb 1994 07:13:06

Hi all,

I have a problem with parsing scenes in POV V2.2.  I have recently compiled
it on an RS6000 as well as on a PC for DOS and Linux.  I can parse input
file for the DOS and Linux version of povray without any problems and
it will generate an image.  However, when I try to render the same scenes
on the RS6000 povray aborts with an error indicating that there is a
mistake in the scenery description.  Here's the message I get:

Warning in file fish.inc line 9
Found image_map that should be in pigment statement
Warning in file fish.inc line 9
Should use map_type keyword and/or eliminate orientation.
Error in file fish.inc line 9
float factor expected but > found instead.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks
Tom

\ Anything that happens, happens.                                             /
\   Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes      /
\   something else to happen.                                                 /
\   Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again /
\   It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.              /
\                             _________________    -- Douglas Adams           /
\\\\\\\\_____________________/  Thomas  Otake  \______________________/////////

1. Parsing, parsing, not parsing

Hi all,
Can someone explain to me what parsing is? When I take a quark or
illustrator 9 eps and open it in PS6  I get a an error message telling
me that PS could not parse the file.  What's the problem?

Thanks for the help,
-Scott

2. Mise à jour

3. POV 3.1 Error Parsing

4. OT: Oh dear I'm back

5. Speeding up mesh parsing in POV-Ray?

6. Animation packages for the Mac

7. POV-Ray Parsing algorithm.

8. tga and sound

9. Pre-parsing Utility for POV-Ray

10. POV-Ray parsing : Bug (?)

11. POV won't parse properly

12. Is it me or BMRT who is inconsistent?

13. Tiff 5.0 (Re: GIF viewers are inconsistent)