Suppressing window decoration with 4DWm

Post by Joe Gre » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>The windows' titles are "Rosemary" and "NoTitle" respectively.  I'm using
>4DWm and I want to suppress window borders and title bars.  With an older,
>IrisGL-based version of the program this was possible by including the
>following 2 lines:

>*Rosemary.clientDecoration:     none
>*NoTitle.clientDecoration:      none

Should still work, as long as those are the correct window classes.
Remember that these are resources for the window manager, not the
application, so you have to restart the window manager to get changes
to take effect.

--

Silicon Graphics, Inc.

Suppressing window decoration with 4DWm

Post by Andrei Sta » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have a program which opens 2 windows.  One is a user interface window
(using the xforms toolkit), the other is an OpenGL graphics window.  The
windows' titles are "Rosemary" and "NoTitle" respectively.  I'm using
4DWm and I want to suppress window borders and title bars.  With an older,
IrisGL-based version of the program this was possible by including the
following 2 lines:

*Rosemary.clientDecoration:     none
*NoTitle.clientDecoration:      none

in both my ~/.XDefaults and my ~/.desktop-<machine-name>/4DWm files.  The
OpenGL version of the program doesn't want to behave like that and insists
on always opening windows with borders and titles.  Amazingly enough, this
applies to the user interface window as well, which is managed only with
xforms toolkit calls and thus didn't get modified when translating the
rest of the code from IrisGL into OpenGL.

Does anybody know how to make 4DWm stop decorating those windows?

Andrei State

1. how to XCreateWindow() with no window manager decorations?

Is it possible, from an XLib program, to tell the window manager not to
put any decorations around your top level window?

The Xt manual talks about a _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property, but I cant find any
information on using it in an XLib program.

I know how to do it from my .Xdefaults:  4Dwm*myprog.clientDecoration: none.

What I want to know is how to hardcode it, for a program whose whole purpose in
life is to play fullscreen videos.  The old version of this program used IrisGL's
noborders() function, but this is no longer an option.

Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation
NASA Ames Research Center

2. Corel Draw help

3. Q: X Window Decorations

4. fps throttle / window decoration

5. GLUT and Window decorations

6. Minimized window icon in 4Dwm

7. Window Manger (4Dwm) - no frame

8. How to set maximum window size in 4Dwm???

9. placement of X11 windows in 4Dwm

10. suppress margin