File input format for DirectX(Direct3D)

Post by Yi Mia » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

     I created a 3D model of an offshore drilling platform by using
CADKEY, then I need to simulate helicopter looking for parking deck to
land by using Direct3D (DirectX), Could anybody tell me what kinds input

format the Direct3D need?

Thank you!

File input format for DirectX(Direct3D)

Post by Randall or Tamra Arnol » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

These files have a .x extension, and can be output from trueSpace 3.2, for
one.  I'm sure there are translators out there... check with Microsoft for
info (or the public DirectX newsgroups).

>Hi,

>     I created a 3D model of an offshore drilling platform by using
>CADKEY, then I need to simulate helicopter looking for parking deck to
>land by using Direct3D (DirectX), Could anybody tell me what kinds input

>format the Direct3D need?

>Thank you!

1. New book om Direct3D/DirectX which includes 140 3D objects in .3ds and .x format

Manning Publications has placed my book oficially up for sale.  It
covers real-time animation  using Direct3D and objects generated from
packages such as 3D Studio.  I also cover 3D collision detection,
shadows, and many other advance topics.  Please see the outline on my
website by following the link from Manning Publications site listed
below.

I have included 140+ objects (in .3ds and .x format), and 52 textures,
on the CD accompanying the book, including many excellent human models.

http://www.browsebooks.com/Kovach/116.html

Also, I will have many FREE 3D objects and textures on my site shortly.

Finally, I have several links to other web pages you might want to look
at.  Several have done some excellent human models.

Thank you!
Peter

2. Resource Problem with 24 Bit Bitmap! How to do??

3. Merging 2 .3ds files - how?

4. Curve

5. Direct3D .X File Format

6. AMD Athlon 750 or Pentium III 750?

7. DCS 2.0 File Format Input

8. lightwave plug-in for directX 's X file format

9. DirectX text file format