SW for exercising graphics

Post by Michael Doy » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 03:03:28

Hello all,

I am new to using SGI graphics hardware and OpenGL, and am looking for
suggestions of software (binaries or source, 'freeware' since I'm a
hobbyist as far as SGI stuff goes) that will exercise the 3D functions
present in the hardware.  Perhaps software that will be a good hard
(but not TOO hard - I haven't THAT much free time!) test of a High
Impact boardset with 4MB TRAM in an Indigo 2 (and tests the gfx
without texturing, also).  I'm still working my way through Ian
Mapleson's info. but haven't yet found pointers to something I can
use.

Which of the graphics boardsets are supported by OpenGL under IRIX
6.5.x (I have access to XS-24Z on an Indigo R4k, Extreme on an R4400
I2, and High Impact on an R10k I2)?  Or perhaps someone can point me
to where I can find this info. for myself (lib. headers or something)?

What was the last version of IRIX that has Iris GL and which boardsets
did GL support?

Many thanks,
Michael Doyle

1. Job NJ - VP SW Dev - Gene Bio SW Start-up

Vice President of Software Development
Princeton, NJ

The Company is a leading developer of software tools for simulating
biological processes on the computer. The Company's technology will be used
broadly by businesses worldwide to filter, organize and Interpret a wide
range of biological data, and to predict the impact of genes and environment
on disease, drug action and medical outcomes.

The VP of SW Development reports to the Executive VP/CSO.  The ideal person
is a talented software architect, manager and developer who will lead all
development efforts in the product cycle, including design, specifications,
development, implementation, unit testing, documentation, support and
maintenance.  This individual will be a key member of the management team,
and responsible for spearheading application development and technology
deployment.

Requirements:
    8+ years experience in a high technology software environment
    5+ years management experience for a large software development and
technology support team with budget responsibilities.
    Ideal candidate has led a team that has built and deployed
applications in a Web, Intranet, and packaged solution environment.
    Experience in object oriented design and development mandatory and
strong programming skills in C++ and Web browser/Java experience a must.
    Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
    Familiar with numerical analysis and computer simulation techniques.
    Informatics and medical/biology experience is a definite plus.
    Degree Preferred

Compensation:  100k+, Stock Options, Excellent Benefits.

Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position,

vpswNJ-news in the subject line of your email.

Thanks,
Steve Parker
Chief Headhunter
Peak Career Management, Inc.

http://www.peakcareer.com
Phone: (303) 422-6400
or toll free at 877-909-6300

2. Looking for cool Pluginz!

3. S: SW-Portrait- oder SW-20"-Monitor

4. disappearing objects, again?

5. Job NJ - VP SW Dev - Gene Bio SW Start-Up

6. Help! Hair anyone?

7. need illustrations of RSI-prevention exercises

8. Shaders for a leaf

9. Exercise your creative minds with this little gem

10. HELP, Inside LW 6, Chap 14 exercise 14.3

11. ARRRRRRGGGH!!!!!!! An Exercise in Frustration

12. Solutions to De Berg's Computational Geometry book exercises (2nd edition)

13. Solutions to exercises from the book Into 2 algo by Cormen Leiserson et al [OT]