CAD files and PostScript drawing programs

CAD files and PostScript drawing programs

Post by Stan Ans » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to open and edit CAD graphic files (for example, those in
.dxf format) in drawing programs like Freehand and Illustrator (or in even
image editors like Photoshop)? Is there a commercial or shareware
conversion utility that will do the job?

--
Stan Anson

Post by Norbert Melend » Sat, 27 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to open and edit CAD graphic files (for example, those in
.dxf format) in drawing programs like Freehand and Illustrator (or in even
image editors like Photoshop)? Is there a commercial or shareware
conversion utility that will do the job?

--
Stan Anson

Canvas 3.5 and previous versions can import .dxf files and then allows you to
modify them.

Norbert

Sent from Designlink, San Francisco.
Online Service for Creative Professionals.
Modem: (510) 933-9676; (510) 845-4187; (415) 241-9927
Internet: Via TCP/IP PORT: 3000; IP: 206.14.15.3
WEB: http://www.designlink.com

CAD files and PostScript drawing programs

Post by Robin Deuts » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any way to open and edit CAD graphic files (for example, those in
>.dxf format) in drawing programs like Freehand and Illustrator (or in even
>image editors like Photoshop)? Is there a commercial or shareware
>conversion utility that will do the job?

Hi Stan,

At Graham Allsopp's Cartographic Society Website
<http://www.shef.ac.uk/~sc/>   you'll find

"DXF to Illustrator", commercial (demo available)

"DXF2PS", freeware by Pat Dunlavey

Or use a CAD software that imports DXF and exports EPS,
like Graphsoft's Minicad.

Regards,

Post by Michael Madd » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> >Is there any way to open and edit CAD graphic files (for example, those in
> >.dxf format) in drawing programs like Freehand and Illustrator (or in even
> >image editors like Photoshop)? Is there a commercial or shareware
> >conversion utility that will do the job?

CANVAS should do the job.

CAD files and PostScript drawing programs

Post by P. Clear » Mon, 29 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Can somone giv me the straight goods on the best 3d cad program for the
mac. Easy learn curve etc.

1. Wanted: cad drawings (was Re: PostScript drawings)

[about postscript drawings of the big E]

Now, what I want is 2D or preferably 3D drawings CAD files of ANY
trek ship for use with AutoCAD (I can read DXF and IGES also)

Anyone out there have any?
--
John Sparks  | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps. Accessable via Starlink (Louisville KY)

If you've seen one nuclear war, you've seen them all.

2. Image Processing H/W S/W Summary

3. CAD/Draw/Paint Program Recommendations? (SuperPaint Replacement)

4. Polyhedra inscribed in unit sphere...

5. simplist drawing/CAD program to do this ...?

6. HP SCIIcx Lamp off?

7. Drawing(CAD) Program comparable to ClarisCAD - Recomm needed

8. PIXELFORMATDESCRIPTER

9. Drawing program to export postscript?

10. FREE: PostScript based drawing program

11. Pacific Graphics '95 Advance Program (postscript file)