good program

Post by Jame » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
tracing package for the PC?

Regards,

Jim

good program

Post by Warp » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

: my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
: tracing package for the PC?

http://povray.org

good program

Post by Bob » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
>tracing package for the PC?
>Regards,
>Jim

POVray!!   www.povray.org

Also check out the FAQ in this NG for other programs.

Bob R
POVrookie

good program

Post by Ken » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
> tracing package for the PC?

POV-Ray !   http://www.povray.org

good program

Post by MG » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

BMRT RenderMan:
http://www.bmrt.org

It has hybrid ray-tracing/radiosity and is fully compatible with the
RenderMan standard and RIS 3.1 (RIS = RenderMan Interface Specification).

I really love it, if you have Moray, sPatch or Rhinoceros (!), you will love
it!

Greetings,

MG
http://www.marcogb.cistron.nl

--

Quote:> my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
> tracing package for the PC?

> Regards,

> Jim

good program

Post by Jame » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

sorry to disapoint you but I don't. You sound like you have some experience
with the soc.religion groups though...

Quote:> On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:37:45 +0100, James sez:
> >my mate used to do a lot of ray tracing on his atari, what is a good ray
> >tracing package for the PC?

> Wow!  I wonder if this guy also goes to the soc.religion groups and
> asks "What's the best religion?"

> ----
> If you reply by email, send it to pbs at com dot
> canada (or vice-versa).  All adverti*ts will be
> returned to your postmaster, eh!

good program

Hello James,

Have a look at Blender, found at www.blender.nl
Takes some perseverance to get into, but when you're off, you'll love it...
Modeller, renderer, animation creator and cutting room all into one small
package.
Available for several platforms, and, last but not least, free to
download...;-))

Quote:> Jim

--
Greetings from sunny Amsterdam