OT: Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

Post by Michel » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Mardi,

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear about your server! Unfortunately I don't have any
suggestions, I'm sure others will though.  When you do get your new site (which
will hopefully be soon because you'd be missed of course) please post your new
url so we can all update our links/pages.  Good luck and hurry back!!!!

>Subject: OT:  Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

>Date: Tue, 26 October 1999 09:11 PM EDT

>Hi All:

>Well, I just took Web Graphics on a Budget site off-line.  I found out
>that my ISP has been incurring $10 a day charges for my site since the
>first of October even though they told me they would hold off for a
>while.

>I need a new ISP or a free site that has unlimited bandwidth and a
>reasonable fee.  My bandwidth usage is 500+ megs per day and most
>ISP's place a monthly limit of 1 gig or less of bandwidth usage.  I
>would use that up in two days.

>Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I hope to get my site back up
>soon.

>Mardi

>Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
>____________________

>Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
>Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
>_________________

>Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
>cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Michelle ;-)

Paint Shop Pro & More!
http://hometown.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other fun stuff!

OT: Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

Post by Valer » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Im sorry to see this happen.  I wish I knew more how to help your
situation.  I have never had a high volume of traffic on my site
though, so most any place will work for me.  Have you checked into
Design Heaven? (http://designheaven.com/ )  They say bandwidth is
unlimited.  I wish I could help more, hope to see your site back
online soon.

Valeri :o)
aka...SpudSista

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://spudnet.com                  Graphic Design & Gallery
                               ~*~
Some people complain because God put thorns on roses, while
others praise Him for putting roses among the thorns.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post by Elizabeth Stap » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>>Subject: OT:  Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

>>I need a new ISP...My bandwidth usage is 500+ megs per day...

Try posting to "alt.html".  This is a bit off-topic, but
the "regulars" in that group would be more likely to know
of a web-host service that might fit your needs.

Good luck!

Eliz. Stapel
(remove *nospam* to reply privately)
Purplemath - Your Algebra Resource!
http://www.purplemath.com/

Post by Port » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>>>I need a new ISP...My bandwidth usage is 500+ megs per day..

http://www.freewebspace.net/

If this is the right link I thought it was a pretty worthwhile reference.  I
think I got this from an earlier thread when you (or Diana) were having a
similar problem.  It should be a reference chart for all kinds of free space
and their accomodations available on the web.

Sorry, I've got a little browser problem going on this machine and couldn't
double check it. (So if this is just for one ISP it's the wrong link, let me
know and I'll root around for the right one)

Porter

(Delete offoff or mail bounces)

Also post to "alt.www.webmaster".

Post by Barry Davie » Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hi All:

> Well, I just took Web Graphics on a Budget site off-line.  I found out
> that my ISP has been incurring $10 a day charges for my site since the
> first of October even though they told me they would hold off for a
> while.

> I need a new ISP or a free site that has unlimited bandwidth and a
> reasonable fee.  My bandwidth usage is 500+ megs per day and most
> ISP's place a monthly limit of 1 gig or less of bandwidth usage.  I
> would use that up in two days.

> Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I hope to get my site back up
> soon.

> Mardi

> Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
> ____________________

> Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> _________________

> Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Mardi you must get your site back up.you could try ,

http://www.crosswinds.net/

Good Luck
--
Barry & Marg Davies
http://www.island.net/~bmdavies/

"Have a Nice Day"

OT: Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

Post by C. A. Upsdel » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Mardi you must get your site back up.you could try ,

> http://www.crosswinds.net/

God, NO!  I have a test CrossWinds site:  the last time I tried to FTP to
it, it took FIVE DAYS to get onto their FTP server.  FTP is a pain; speed is
a forgotten concept.

OT: Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

Post by Aislin » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> God, NO!  I have a test CrossWinds site:  the last time I tried to FTP to
> it, it took FIVE DAYS to get onto their FTP server.  FTP is a pain; speed
is
> a forgotten concept.

I second that.  I had several sites on Crosswinds for a few months, and I
managed to log into their FTP server exactly twice.  The uploading option
with their homepage utilities is also terribly slow, and usually times out.
*sigh*

Mardi, I do hope you get your site back up (even though I have the entire
thing printed out and stashed away) soon, it was a godsend when I was just
learning PSP.  Thank you!

Good luck!

~Linn

--
Aislinn's Inspirations
http://aislinn.itgo.com

OT: Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

Post by el.. » Sat, 30 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Didn't you move part of you site to Xoom?  Maye you need to look into
getting you own domain and paying for space if the free servers aren't
adequate for your needs...at any rate your book should be out soon and
that will keep us ntil you can get your site problems worked out!
Looking forward to it very much..any idea exactly when it will be
available?  Elli

> Wow, I'm very sorry to hear about your server! Unfortunately I don't
have any
> suggestions, I'm sure others will though.  When you do get your new
site (which
> will hopefully be soon because you'd be missed of course) please post
your new
> url so we can all update our links/pages.  Good luck and hurry
back!!!!

> >Subject: OT:  Web Graphics on a Budget Off-LIne

> >Date: Tue, 26 October 1999 09:11 PM EDT

> >Hi All:

> >Well, I just took Web Graphics on a Budget site off-line.  I found
out
> >that my ISP has been incurring $10 a day charges for my site since
the
> >first of October even though they told me they would hold off for a
> >while.

> >I need a new ISP or a free site that has unlimited bandwidth and a
> >reasonable fee.  My bandwidth usage is 500+ megs per day and most
> >ISP's place a monthly limit of 1 gig or less of bandwidth usage.  I
> >would use that up in two days.

> >Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I hope to get my site back up
> >soon.

> >Mardi

> >Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb
dot com.
> >____________________

> >Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> >Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> >_________________

> >Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> >cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.

http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Quote:

> Michelle ;-)

> Paint Shop Pro & More!
> http://hometown.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
> Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other
fun stuff!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.