How to increase color cells ???

Post by Torben Marcusse » Mon, 29 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi

How do I increase the number of color cells in my X display..???
I keep getting "Not enough free color cells" errors,
and "Can't allocate color" errors.....

When I run xdpyinfo it tells me my default number of color cells
is 256...

TIA

1. vtkPolyData and colored cells

I'd like to display a 3D surface mesh (triangles or anything else), and I'm
using a vtkPolyData object.
After setting the points and the cells, I'd like to assign some colors.
Up until now I used a Scalar associated to each cells and made up a
lookuptable to associate each
value of the scalar to a given color.
The problem is now I'd like to read the RGB triplets for each cell from a
file. Thus, as I do not know in advance what will be the colours, it's hard
or innefficient to build a lookuptable.
How can I thus easily assign a color to a cell of my polydata without usign
static lookuptables ?

I tried to have a look in the VTK's documentation or in google and the
mailing list, but with no success.
Any good pointer is also welcome.

Regards,
Jean-Michel.

2. Pro Bono Work???

3. reduce color cell used

4. HELP: VBPLAY.VBX (AAPLAY.DLL)

5. Canvas size increase increases image size

6. Scanned Graphic Images for IBM

7. Quantitating cells of different colors

8. Help Me for an easy question?

9. Change the Color of a cell in a TStringGrid

10. coloring cells in a TStringGrid

11. DrawGrid->Change color of one selected cell dynamically

12. efficient component for changing cell color

13. DBGrid with color coded cells