Cosmo3D, Optimizer, and .csb files

Post by Adam Krop » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

A couple of questions--

Is anyone out there using Cosmo3D and/or Optimizer to develop C++
graphics applications?  I haven't been able to find much in the way of
documentation, and am tired of trying to figure everyhing out from the
headers.

On a related note, what's the file format for a .csb file, and is there
any way to add extra data types to it?  I have a subclass of a csNode
which I want to include in my output file, (which csOutput::write
handles fine), but csGlobal::storeFile complains about as an unknown
data type.

Thanks,
Adam

Cosmo3D, Optimizer, and .csb files

Post by John C. Pric » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I have since it came out ... Fun being 'cutting edge', isn't it? :)

> A couple of questions--

> Is anyone out there using Cosmo3D and/or Optimizer to develop C++
> graphics applications?  I haven't been able to find much in the way of
> documentation, and am tired of trying to figure everyhing out from the
> headers.

If you haven't found the HTML Man Pages, look for them. On the SGI it's
under file://usr/share/Cosmo3D/man_HTML/

Otherwise, there is some documentation on the web site you can find, and
I think the Man pages are reproduced somewhere ...

Documentation for Cosmo3D is somewhat lacking, but I hear they are
fixing that. 'Course the whole thing is going to go away when OpenGL++
comes out ...

After you read all of the documentation, the header files become far
more useful ...

Quote:> On a related note, what's the file format for a .csb file, and is
> there any way to add extra data types to it?  I have a subclass of a
> csNode which I want to include in my output file, (which
> csOutput::write handles fine), but csGlobal::storeFile complains about
> as an unknown data type.

There is, but I can't recall (we don't use .csb's for our project ...).
I'll see if I can find it ... meanwhile maybe one of the guru's will
remember ...

John Price
CHI Systems

1. vrml2(wrl) to optimizer/cosmo3d(csb)

Hi all

is there any possibility to convert a wrl to a csb-file ?
or is there a wrl-loader for optimizer available?
as far as I concern the cosmo3d node-set is similar to the
vrml2 specification, isn't it?

thanks
_________________________________
Daniel Schmitt
Dipl. Inf.

2. How can I create a jib with a tape?

3. How to create anaglyph views

4. Cosmo3D/OpenGL Optimizer text file format

5. (no subject given!)

6. gloria III + optimizer (and cosmo3d)

7. hp 500c printers will not print fine text

8. OpenGL Optimizer/Cosmo3D Problem: csSprite

9. Is this a bug in OpenGl Optimizer/Cosmo3d

10. Cosmo3D/OpenGL Optimizer and QT

11. gloria III + optimizer (and cosmo3d)

12. about Optimizer and Cosmo3D.