Lost 256 colors !!

Post by John » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

After re-formating the hard drive, I now have only a choice of 2 or 16
colors. How do I get back to 256?

I,ve been down this route once before, but cannot remember how I fixed it
last time!

All help much appreciated

Lost 256 colors !!

Post by Paul » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

John,

I presume it's Win95/98.  From the sound of it Win has used the standard VGA
drivers for your graphics card. Get hold of your driver disks for your
graphics card and reinstall them.

Hopefully that should work.

Lost 256 colors !!

Post by Ken » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> After re-formating the hard drive, I now have only a choice of 2 or 16
> colors. How do I get back to 256?

> I,ve been down this route once before, but cannot remember how I fixed it
> last time!

> All help much appreciated

It sure would be nice if you would tell us what operating system you use
and what kind of computer you have.

--
Ken Tyler -  1300+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: