Image files > Movie files

Post by - » Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:08:14

How can I string together a series of gifs / jpegs / bitmaps together into
an mpeg or avi file?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Image files > Movie files

Post by Marco Schmid » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 03:41:20

-:

Quote:>How can I string together a series of gifs / jpegs / bitmaps together into
>an mpeg or avi file?

There is some tool as part of the ImageMagick distribution:
<http://www.imagemagick.org>.

Note, however, that the GIFs written by that tool become very large
because they do not compress the data.

Regards,
Marco

Image files > Movie files

Post by Wald » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:45:58

Use some tool like the Fast Movie Processor. Adobe Premiere is also capable
for that purpose, but perhaps too expensive...

Waldo

Post by William Kendri » Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:48:01

> How can I string together a series of gifs / jpegs / bitmaps together into
> an mpeg or avi file?

The Gimp has some video creation support; at least under Linux.
(Right-click -> Video -> Encode -> MPEG1... or -> MPEG2...)

I believe it's simply acting as a front-end for
"mpeg_encode" and "mpeg2encode", respectively.

ImageMagick, a set of command-line image manipulation tools, has the
ability to convert collections of arbitrary image files into an MPEG video.
It, too, uses "mpeg2encode".

Your best bet is PROBABLY Mplayer, an Open Source multimedia tool
(my wife uses it under Linux to watch Anime AVIs ;^) ), which apparently
can create MPEGs out of JPEGs:

  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

Apparently, it can run under Windows, so it might be a good solution
even if you don't have Linux. ;^)

(Here's a screenshot of it running under Windows XP:
  http://mp.dev.hu/homepage/images/shot20.jpg )

Finally, I noticed a program over on the GNUWinII site called "Virtual Dub",
which is an Open Source video capture and editing tool for Windows,
which might be useful to you or someone else reading this ;^)
(i.e., I don't think it can convert a collection of GIF/JPEG into MPEG.)

  http://www.virtualdub.org/

--

http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/    http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/resume/

1. Movie frame to image file?

Subject: 109 reposted, sorry!
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi.graphics

I want to take a single frame from a movie file and write it out in a
still image format (JPEG for example). I have and am using the Media
Libraries. I can get an a frame, uncompress it and write it out in an
X window. But I can't take that same buffer and write it out to a file
that could be used by xv, togif or some other command line
application. I also tried using clCompressImage to get it into the
JPEG format. But again the file is unreadable by other applications.
Do I need to prepend header information or does clCompressImage take care
of this by itself? If I do need to write the header info myself, how
do I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Mike

BTW: I am running IRIS 5.2.

2. look at this

3. HELP: Conversion of Apple II image file to Mac image file

4. Kai's Power Tools 3, 5 and 6

5. large web graphic>>>smaller files

6. HELP!! transparency detecting methods.

7. multi wave file =>(into) one avi file??

8. HELP: file.dwg -> file.dxf

9. Sun raster file => Macintosh raster file

10. PRO-files ----> 3ds-files

11. Help: MS lib file -> Borland lib file

12. cdraw 5 file-->pm5 file???