Combining Macintosh macines to render

Post by Paul Robins » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 18:47:24

Hi all

Is there any way to combine a number of G4 machines (about 4) to
render a single frame, its taking an age at the moment because were
using radiosity and the lighting is very complex. Lightwave seems to
be able to combine to render multiple but not single frames ???

Any help ideas, where to get an app would be great

Thanks

Paul

Combining Macintosh macines to render

Post by John E. M » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 04:52:43

Quote:> its taking an age

If it's taking that long, I think you need to change some of your
radiosity settings.
--
John E. Myers, AEC                               * "All things come
round to

http://www.gactr.uga.edu/tv/media/   *  I have time.    *

Post by daRA » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 02:52:04

>Hi all

>Is there any way to combine a number of G4 machines (about 4) to
>render a single frame, its taking an age at the moment because were
>using radiosity and the lighting is very complex. Lightwave seems to
>be able to combine to render multiple but not single frames ???

>Any help ideas, where to get an app would be great

>Thanks

>Paul

Paul,

Take a look at "Pooch" at this site http://www.daugerresearch.com/ it
is a small proggie for clustering mac g4's

'daRAT'
===============

Don Wallace Jr.
http://www.32bitcolor.com
--------------------------

1. How to combine volume rendering with POV?

I have a 3D voxel dataset that defines a brain (MRI data, for those who are
curious).  I can do a great volume rendering of this using MacVol [1].  But
I really want to include this in a POV-Ray animation and make a little
video of sectioning through the brain.  Is this possible?  Can POV-Ray do
the volume rendering for me?  Or is there someway to include the output of
a volume renderer into a POV-Ray scene (short of copying and pasting by
hand)?

Many thanks,
-- Joe

[1] http://www.strout.net/macsoft/macvol/

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |

2. delphi6 in Autocad 2K

3. combining 2 renders

4. ok, why aren't my display lists working?

5. 3D rendering combined with ImageVision

6. INVENTOR get Path

7. combining 3 rendered avi's?

8. FLI_PSTAMP -- What 4?

9. Macintosh modelling to Wavefront rendering

10. Macintosh Program to Render IGES File

11. Combining pictures.

12. Combining JPG's

13. Combine multiple TIFF files into one?