Help! Need to choose 3d software

Post by B L Wils » Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:07:18

Hi.  I, unfortunately, know little about SGI's and their software.  My
studio runs Strata Studio Pro and form.Z for modeling, rendering, and
animation on a PowerMac platform.  We are being acquired by a much larger
SGI based digital video company.  Their studio is brand new and they would
like us to choose the best 3d modeling, rendering, and animation software
packages.  If I make any mistakes in listing their hardware, please excuse
my ignorance.  They have 2 Onyxs, 1 with 4 processors and one with 8, a
Crusade server and two Indigo2s with Extreme Graphics.  What do we buy?
We're trying to find out everything about Alias, Wavefront, SoftImage, and
Pixar software.  We will be creating 3d sets for bluescreening purposes.
Thank you for any help

bryan wilson

Help! Need to choose 3d software

Post by Finu » Wed, 04 Jan 1995 22:39:18

If you want to get a good idea of what the best software or combination of
softwares are. Maybe you should consider making a trip to this year's NAB
in Vegas (april 9-13). Abslolutely every sofware manufacturer will be
demoing their products.

1. Need help choosing editing software

     I would like to remove the writing/words from some photos that I have. I
would like to know if there is a software program that makes this easy to do. I
know that you can "retouch" photos after scanning them into the computer but
this seems to involve coloring over the words to match the background which
would take forever if the background colors are numerous and subtle. Is there
any quick and easy way to do this? Thank you.

2. TYPE TOOL MALFUNCTION

3. Need help with choosing visualization hardware/software

4. Matching color

5. Need recommendations for choosing a graphics software

6. Rayshade Mac Port

7. Looking for an Electronic Symbol Library for Canvas or ClarisDraw

8. Q: Suggestions for choosing PC 3D software

9. Help in choosing MAC video software

10. Help me on choosing the right software

11. help with choosing an animation software