ftp sites for 3D solid modeling TIFFS ?

Post by Derek Rober » Fri, 27 Mar 1992 04:24:12

HI,

I'm new to this group and am interested in obtaining TIFFS modeled with TOPAZ
or 3D STUDIO, or anything you have (info,etc).  If anyone knows of any info
send me mail.  THANX

Derek

University of Missouri Rolla

1. FOLLOW-UP: FTP SITE FOR 3D MODELS/UTILS

Well, the response we have gotten indicates there is great interest so at
this point it looks like it will probably be a go. Some clarifications as
to what we the contents of this ftp server will be:

      - What we want to have: 3D object files, supporting textures/maps/etc
        for those objects, and utilities to convert files between different
        3D file formats. 3D graphic demos and/or PD raytracers are already
        collected and available at other big sites, so I don't want to
        waste HD space by having duplicates of those.

      - Since we use Wavefront, that's our main file format for 3D
        objects (.obj files). We *do* want to support other file formats,
        so long as we can get a converter utility for them. For those
        who wish to contribute: if you have a model in a weird format,
        try to send us a utility that will convert it to something more
        common or at least a short text file describing this format.
        I'm particularly interested in DXF-to-anything and anything-to-DXF
        converters.

      - I'd also be interested in having any programs that can be useful
        to those making or viewing these models.

So, basically this will be a "repository" for objects and supporting files.
We'll probably expand on this as time goes by (and as our resources allow),
but for now, that's it. BTW, whatever file formats we carry, we're *NOT*
going to add to the chaos by creating a new one! I've seen several posts
regarding a format called "OFF" which sounds promising as a base-format.
Could someone please forward me some info on that?

Any comments/suggestions/opinions are more than welcome, as now would be
the best time for us to hear them! I'll be setting up the server and files
soon and will post again once the site is ready. In the meantime, start
digging up those cool models you have because everyone else wants to
see them too!

--

disclaimer: "Opinions expressed here are mine. Typos and errors are all yours."

2. lost .jpgs on zip drive using ulead software

3. FTP SITE FOR 3D OBJECT MODELS/UTILITIES

4. Nt-avi Plugin

5. Follow-up #2: FTP SITE FOR 3D MODELS...

6. Will LW work on a 486DX75 with 24 meg RAM ?

7. MORE ON 3D MODEL FORMATS, FTP SITE, etc

8. ftp sites for 3D models

9. FTP SITE FOR 3D OBJECT MODELS/UTILITIES

10. Follow-up #2: FTP SITE FOR 3D MODELS...

11. Any ftp sites for Wavefront object models?