Matrox Millennium for PC in Mac?

Post by Aaron Nagan » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a 4 MB Millennium that I removed from a PC a while back. Since
the drivers for the Millennium for PowerMac are available, will this
card work in a Mac? If so, would it be faster than the built-in video in
a 7500/8500?

Aaron

Post by aaron.nag.. » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a 4 MB Millennium that I removed from a PC a while back. Since
the drivers for the Millennium for PowerMac are available, will this
card work in a Mac? If so, would it be faster than the built-in video in
a 7500/8500?

Aaron

{}{}{}{} Only $8.95 A Month, - The Worlds Uncensored News Source {}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{} Five News Servers with a BINARIES ONLY Server {}{}{}{}{}

Post by Steve Axthe » Mon, 01 Nov 1999 03:00:00

> I have a 4 MB Millennium that I removed from a PC a while back. Since
> the drivers for the Millennium for PowerMac are available, will this
> card work in a Mac?

Maybe, if I remember right, *some* of the Millenniums will work on the
Mac. At the very least you'll need to flash the BIOS:

<http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/bios/home2.htm>

Quote:> If so, would it be faster than the built-in video in
> a 7500/8500?

Yes, it should be quite a bit faster.

--
-Steve

1. Matrox Millennium and Diamond Monster (3dfx)

Hello World!
I have problem with Tomb Raider 2 with Matrox Millennium card and Diamond
Monster 3D in combination. The section "Laras home" (trail area) is working
find, but when I start the real game, the refresh rate is about 3 frames
pr. sec. I have installed Directx 5.00 and Diamond Monster drivers v. 1.09.
(The TR2 demo release worked fine). Is there anyone out there with the
solution for this problem?

SVol

2. Bryce2 booleans and centering?

3. Matrox Millennium & low resolution modes

4. Blog ?

5. Bugs in Matrox Millennium

6. Implementation for WinCE/pSOS/Windriver

7. Matrox Millennium 3DFX

8. printing OGL screen image

9. Matrox Millennium II

10. Matrox Millennium II Woes

11. To all Matrox Millennium users

12. Screen resolution 1280x960 with Matrox Millennium?