Command-line control of capture

Post by Andrew Cleg » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Apologies if this is frequently-asked or a really dumb question...

Is there a way of controlling the IndyCam capture utility from a command
line or script?

To be more specific, I'd like to start it up, take a still shot and exit
(or start recording a movie, wait a given time then stop and exit). The
exiting I can do quite happily by killing it from another process but I
can't think of a way to get it to start recording automatically.

Alternatively, is there a replacement utility available that will let me
do this?

If it makes any difference I'm using basic-setup Indy workstations.

Andrew Clegg    0402 649008    http://www.warpfive.demon.co.uk/

"Satan! Satan! Satan! Satan! Satan! Satan! Satan! Satan!" - Orbital

Command-line control of capture

Post by Rob Wheel » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Apologies if this is frequently-asked or a really dumb question...

>Is there a way of controlling the IndyCam capture utility from a command
>line or script?

>To be more specific, I'd like to start it up, take a still shot and exit
>(or start recording a movie, wait a given time then stop and exit). The
>exiting I can do quite happily by killing it from another process but I
>can't think of a way to get it to start recording automatically.

>Alternatively, is there a replacement utility available that will let me
>do this?

>If it makes any difference I'm using basic-setup Indy workstations.

man vidtomem

-R

1. Control through command line

Does anybody know if there is a way of running a Keyscript program or
any plug-in from the command line (ie. without actually entering 3d
studio, going into the Keyscript editor and executing the program I've
written)? The reason I ask is, I'm trying to control 3d studio from an
external application I'm writing and getting it to simply run a command
line which will create the animation from the script, render it and
quit. Basically, I don't want to have to manually enter or see 3d
studio.

Any help will be appreciated,

Paul

2. Graphics programming newsgroups

3. Command Line Video Capture?

4. ** WANTED **: 3-d equation plotter/renderer

5. command line capture

6. Help with gnuplot...

7. capture record command line

8. Command line commands

9. Command line command for rendering z-depth?

10. Icon in a command control ?

11. Screen Capture program using Command Prompt (NT)

12. capture & commandline