Can I map two textures onto one polygon?

Can I map two textures onto one polygon?

Post by Tong Xi » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am doing some work by openGL. Now I need map two textures onto
one
polygon. The opengl can bind one texture to one polygon. Are there
someone know how can I map one texture to a polygon and then map another
texture onto this mapped polygon?
        Thanks for any advice.

--
Tong Xin
=============================

=============================

Post by Mark Baranows » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,
>        I am doing some work by openGL. Now I need map two textures onto
>one
>polygon. The opengl can bind one texture to one polygon. Are there
>someone know how can I map one texture to a polygon and then map another
>texture onto this mapped polygon?
>        Thanks for any advice.

You have to render the polygon twice, using glBlendFunc and
glDepthFunc to get the desired result.

Regards,

Mark.
--

Pera, VR Division. Melton Mowbray, Leics. LE13 0PB. UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1664 501501, Fax: +44 (0)1664 501553

1. Can I map two textures onto one polygon?

Hi,
        I am doing some work by openGL. Now I need map two textures onto one
polygon. The opengl can bind one texture to one polygon. Are there
someone know how can I map one texture to a polygon and then map another
texture onto this mapped polygon?
        Thanks for any advice.
--
Tong Xin
=============================
Dept. of Computer Science
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - *
Lab : Room 415, Graphics Lab
Chow Yin Ching Building
Phone: (852) 2857 8454

=============================

2. ADV: Just defeating in front of a TCP/IP within the mailbox is too untamed for Byron to defile it.

3. Two texture maps on one polygon?

4. Play caputed movie files on Sgi O2 with Windows XP

5. Help: Mapping one set of vectors onto another

6. how to visualize this data?

7. mapping square onto arbitruary polygon?

8. Q: simply load a bitmap and texture it onto a polygon

9. Mapping a texture onto a sphere

10. Texture mapping onto 3-D objects

11. texture mapping fabrics onto furniture