Strange behaviour of PowerPC PS2.5.1 Plug-In

Strange behaviour of PowerPC PS2.5.1 Plug-In

Post by Tom Standa » Fri, 03 Jun 1994 06:28:44

Anyone else out there using it?

I have had problems with Photoshop failing to load the Plug-In (it claims
there's not enough RAM). I have also had spurious disk errors reported
during save (-36), even though the files in question actually save
properly. And there have been errors creating Previews ("Sorry, the preview
could not be created because a program error occurred").

I am using v.1.01. Anyone else had these? And any news on native Extensions
and Control Panels - so far I haven't dared install Suitcase, ATM, After
Dark etc because the performance hit in Photoshop - which is what I am
running 90% of the time - is apparently quite big (30% or so according to
MacWeek).

Strange behaviour of PowerPC PS2.5.1 Plug-In

Post by Zalman Ste » Fri, 03 Jun 1994 11:05:19

Tom Standage writes

Quote:> I have had problems with Photoshop failing to load the Plug-In (it claims
> there's not enough RAM).

Photoshop's partition size has to be above 4300k or so for the accelerator
to load. Other than that it should work. Unless you have other extensions
(such as Adobe Charged hardware accelerators) loading at Photoshop startup
in which case the partition needs to be larger still. If you are having
these problems with a much bigger partition then its probably a bug.

Quote:> I have also had spurious disk errors reported
> during save (-36), even though the files in question actually save
> properly. And there have been errors creating Previews ("Sorry, the
preview
> could not be created because a program error occurred").

This might be a bad install of QuickTime. Do you have QuickTime 1.6.2 with
the QuickTime PowerPlug 1.0 extension?
--

Adobe Systems, 1585 Charleston Rd., POB 7900, Mountain View, CA 94039-7900
   Never let a "final candidate" subscript get above the age of consent.

Post by Tom Standa » Sat, 04 Jun 1994 09:04:10

> Tom Standage writes
> > I have had problems with Photoshop failing to load the Plug-In (it claims
> > there's not enough RAM).

> Photoshop's partition size has to be above 4300k or so for the accelerator
> to load. Other than that it should work. Unless you have other extensions
> (such as Adobe Charged hardware accelerators) loading at Photoshop startup
> in which case the partition needs to be larger still. If you are having
> these problems with a much bigger partition then its probably a bug.

The partition is 40M on a 48M machine, so there isn't _really_ a shortage
of memory.

Quote:> > I have also had spurious disk errors reported
> > during save (-36), even though the files in question actually save
> > properly. And there have been errors creating Previews ("Sorry, the
> preview
> > could not be created because a program error occurred").

> This might be a bad install of QuickTime. Do you have QuickTime 1.6.2 with
> the QuickTime PowerPlug 1.0 extension?

I have whatever shipped with the 8100. The PowerPlug is definitely there.
What does QT have to do with save from Photoshop, though? This is as a TIFF
or PS2.5 file, not JPEG PICT or anything like that.

t.

1. Strange behaviour of text in POV

I rendered a few scenes with the same text-object repeated
a number of times, but otherwise with the same settings.
This is what I got:

 1 text-object:    69 seconds
 2 text-objects:  137 seconds
 3 text-objects:    3 seconds
 4 text-objects:    3 seconds

and so on. Does anyone know what's going on?

(I used POV 3.02 in DOS, BTW - nothing like good old-fashioned
'tracing, and if speed is indeed inversely proportional to the
complexity of the scene, so much better)

/www.Hexmaster.com

2. C4D XL 7 Gradient?

3. dmconvert: Strange behaviour

4. Windows temp directory path.

5. strange video behaviour

6. Macromedia and Adobe Clones 2nd posting

7. strange behaviour

8. PC animate from Pacific

9. Strange Performer behaviour

10. Strange flatpanel behaviour

11. strange mediaplayer behaviour

12. ImageVision: strange behaviour with ilImgStat

13. OT: Strange page behaviour with tables in NS4.5