El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Port » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi Guys,
Is there any chance that we could wheedle a sniff, a clue,
just a tiny morsel of info as to when we might possibly see a 6 Beta?

You've gotta know something.
Is Jasc known for killing off squealers?
Would it be certainty that you're dead men if you merely benevolently threw a
tidbit our way?

Anyway are we talking real danger?
Forget steely threatening looks from on high,
dismiss the rumors and innuendoes,
were there ever any actual convictions?

C'mon fellas, it's only about a tiny glimmer of hope,
cough it up, spit it out, nobody here is gonna talk,

(It's easy check one ... and you can honestly swear you never "said" a word)

We might expect a beta:
________Off in the future don't hold you breath
________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
________Soon
________Pretty damn soon
________Hey Porter check your mail

Registered user
and your real and true friend...  <bg>

Porter

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderou » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

[grovelling snipped]

Quote:>C'mon fellas, it's only about a tiny glimmer of hope,
>cough it up, spit it out, nobody here is gonna talk,

What she said.  Honest.  Cross my heart.  Safe as houses.  Just between
you, me, the garden gate and the million lurkers...

Quote:>(It's easy check one ... and you can honestly swear you never "said" a word)

>We might expect a beta:
>________Off in the future don't hold your breath
>________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
>________Soon
>________Pretty damn soon
>________Hey Porter check your mail

>Registered user
>and your real and true friend...  <bg>

Suck up <g>.

Jackie

--
< o \"/  Don't play cat and mouse with me!                            (

********************************************************************/\o/\

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Thu, 01 Jul 1999 04:00:00

LOL that is right Porter beg.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

Quote:> Hi Guys,
> Is there any chance that we could wheedle a sniff, a clue,
> just a tiny morsel of info as to when we might possibly see a 6 Beta?

> You've gotta know something.
> Is Jasc known for killing off squealers?
> Would it be certainty that you're dead men if you merely benevolently
threw a
> tidbit our way?

> Anyway are we talking real danger?
> Forget steely threatening looks from on high,
> dismiss the rumors and innuendoes,
> were there ever any actual convictions?

> C'mon fellas, it's only about a tiny glimmer of hope,
> cough it up, spit it out, nobody here is gonna talk,

> (It's easy check one ... and you can honestly swear you never "said" a
word)

> We might expect a beta:
> ________Off in the future don't hold you breath
> ________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
> ________Soon
> ________Pretty damn soon
> ________Hey Porter check your mail

> Registered user
> and your real and true friend...  <bg>

> Porter

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Sledge » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

It's a symptom of MS imprinting that once a piece of software is
released and deemed to be of use an UpDate or new version follows it!
This is similar to the 'sequel' mentality of Hollywood.
If it's a success and makes money, do it again and the punters will
cough up once more!
Why do we all want the very latest?  Why is something only good when
it's the 'newest' and why do we expect the next version will be better?
(You can guarantee bigger..........)
It seems to me that *everyone* at this group is really happy with PSP,
the only problems with it have been [for some at the group] the learning
curve and for others the errors they got when trying to apply the 5.03
patch. I've been lucky and had no problems.
As soon as we all come to grips with the software we bought, we have
come to expect a new version!!   This marketing strategy is very
succesful.
In my humble opinion PSP ver 5 needs little in the way of improvement.
(Except perhaps a macro feature :))

SteveL

Post by Matt » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Hi Guys,
>Is there any chance that we could wheedle a sniff, a clue,
>just a tiny morsel of info as to when we might possibly see a 6 Beta?

>You've gotta know something.
>Is Jasc known for killing off squealers?
>Would it be certainty that you're dead men if you merely benevolently threw
>tidbit our way?

>Anyway are we talking real danger?
>Forget steely threatening looks from on high,
>dismiss the rumors and innuendoes,
>were there ever any actual convictions?

>C'mon fellas, it's only about a tiny glimmer of hope,
>cough it up, spit it out, nobody here is gonna talk,

>(It's easy check one ... and you can honestly swear you never "said" a
word)

>We might expect a beta:
>________Off in the future don't hold you breath
>________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
>________Soon
>________Pretty damn soon
>________Hey Porter check your mail

>Registered user
>and your real and true friend...  <bg>

>Porter

There's bound to be one soon it's been over a year since PSP5!! :O)
I guess they problably do one per year, so Jasc, time's up!!

I hope it's soon I'm anxious to see what we'll all will think of PSP6. :O)

--
Matt
PSP Terrorist, D'Lanok deCaresk Chapter.

"My mouse suffers from depression, I think it's cause it's always being
pushed around."

must control......
arrrggggghhhh

Post by Jim_Thompso » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

|>We might expect a beta:
|>________Off in the future don't hold you breath
|>________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
|>________Soon
|>________Pretty damn soon
|>________Hey Porter check your mail
|
|And don't forget the ever-popular
|
| ________Two weeks
|

|('two weeks' is an in-joke response when a programmer is pressed to
|cough up a release date for software they're working on, and refers to
|a date sometime in the nebulous future).

You forgot "RSN" (Real Soon Now).

(If replying by E-mail please observe method of anti-spam.)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
|  James E.Thompson, P.E.                           |    mens     |
|  Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

|       http://www.analog-innovations.com           |    1962     |

              For proper E-mail replys SWAP "-" and "_".

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Jim Bake » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Sledger,
You've gotta be thinking wrong!
If my software doesn't get bigger and more complicated how am I going to
justify buying a more powerful computer?
<G>
Jim

>Why do we all want the very latest?  Why is something only good when
>it's the 'newest' and why do we expect the next version will be better?
>(You can guarantee bigger..........)

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by ElShaddai Edward » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Sorry all,

I (we) have to take the corporate vow of silence on this one. Something
about firstborn children and eternal pestilence.

But trust me, when something's available, we'll let you all know...

Regards,

ElShaddai Edwards
Product Manager
Jasc Software, Inc.

Post by Ronald Vi » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>>We might expect a beta:
>>________Off in the future don't hold you breath
>>________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
>>________Soon
>>________Pretty damn soon
>>________Hey Porter check your mail

>And don't forget the ever-popular

> ________Two weeks

>('two weeks' is an in-joke response when a programmer is pressed to
>cough up a release date for software they're working on, and refers to
>a date sometime in the nebulous future).

>--
>Sean R. Malloy               | American Non Sequitur

Watch the movie, 'The Money Pit'.

I'm in the same situation.  I'm having my home remodeled.  The contractor
promised 'Two Weeks', which seemed to be a very short time, even to me.

That was eight weeks ago, and the work is still only halfway...

Ron
PSP terrorist-  D'Lan de Caresk Chapter - Executive Officer

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Don Crensha » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, believe ElShaddai about that vow thing.

The guy who used to sit next to me is rumored to have broken the vow. I came
into work one morning and there was a small pile of very fine ash in his
chair. Later that day a crew wearing decontamination suits cleaned out his
desk and bookshelf.

take care,
don, the usability guy
Don Crenshaw

http://www.jasc.com

| Sorry all,
|
| I (we) have to take the corporate vow of silence on this one. Something
| about firstborn children and eternal pestilence.
|
| But trust me, when something's available, we'll let you all know...
|
| Regards,
|
| ElShaddai Edwards
| Product Manager
| Jasc Software, Inc.
|

| >Hi Guys,
| >Is there any chance that we could wheedle a sniff, a clue,
| >just a tiny morsel of info as to when we might possibly see a 6 Beta?
| >
| >You've gotta know something.
| >Is Jasc known for killing off squealers?
| >Would it be certainty that you're dead men if you merely benevolently
threw
| >tidbit our way?
| >
| >Anyway are we talking real danger?
| >Forget steely threatening looks from on high,
| >dismiss the rumors and innuendoes,
| >were there ever any actual convictions?
| >
| >C'mon fellas, it's only about a tiny glimmer of hope,
| >cough it up, spit it out, nobody here is gonna talk,
| >
| >(It's easy check one ... and you can honestly swear you never "said" a
| word)
| >
| >We might expect a beta:
| >________Off in the future don't hold you breath
| >________Down the road a piece but don't plan a long vacation
| >________Soon
| >________Pretty damn soon
| >________Hey Porter check your mail
| >

| >Registered user
| >and your real and true friend...  <bg>
| >
| >Porter

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Don Crensha » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

<snip>

| I still plead, beg
| crave for a MC update! Have mercy! Help me! Are you still reading
| this, Jac's persons? Don't leave me in the lurch! Can't be difficult
| if PSP can read those formats, no? Please, pretty please, with sugar
| on top?

Yes, we here at Jasc are still reading this, and that includes the  good
folks responsible for Media Center. While they took the same vow of silence
that ElShaddai and I did, you can be sure that they're aware of your
request.

--
take care,
don, the usability guy

http://www.jasc.com

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Michelle or Shellfi » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hehe, are you sure they just didn't use the erase tool on him? ;-)

>Subject: Re: El Shaddai Edwards-  Don Crenshaw-  Ron Ackerley

>Date: Thu, 01 July 1999 10:25 AM EDT

>Yeah, believe ElShaddai about that vow thing.

>The guy who used to sit next to me is rumored to have broken the vow. I came
>into work one morning and there was a small pile of very fine ash in his
>chair. Later that day a crew wearing decontamination suits cleaned out his
>desk and bookshelf.

>take care,
>don, the usability guy
>Don Crenshaw

>http://www.jasc.com

Michelle :-)

Come visit me at http://hometown.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Links to tubes, fonts and other stuff

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Right...  silly me  :))

Post by Don Crensha » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

| Hehe, are you sure they just didn't use the erase tool on him? ;-)

Yup. I tried Ctrl+Z a bunch of times and even Shift+Ctrl+Z to look at the
undo history. The dude was gone like he never existed.

later,
don

El Shaddai Edwards- Don Crenshaw- Ron Ackerley

Post by Port » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Yup. I tried Ctrl+Z a bunch of times and even Shift+Ctrl+Z to look at the
>undo history. The dude was gone like he never existed.

>later,
>don

The clean-up crew dumped his buffers.  (It's that weasely old middle management
trick.)

C'mon Don, I'll buy the beers, we can talk Six <vbg>
Anything you spill, I swear I'll only tell Jackie.

Porter