Q: X Window Decorations

Post by Li Siu P » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

Does any one know how to remove decorations (e.g. title bar, resize
handles, etc) from a window which is created by XOpenDisplay() in SGI?

Thomas Li
HKU

1. how to XCreateWindow() with no window manager decorations?

Is it possible, from an XLib program, to tell the window manager not to
put any decorations around your top level window?

The Xt manual talks about a _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property, but I cant find any
information on using it in an XLib program.

I know how to do it from my .Xdefaults:  4Dwm*myprog.clientDecoration: none.

What I want to know is how to hardcode it, for a program whose whole purpose in
life is to play fullscreen videos.  The old version of this program used IrisGL's
noborders() function, but this is no longer an option.

Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation
NASA Ames Research Center

2. ray tracing NURBS

3. Suppressing window decoration with 4DWm

4. Hangul on the mac

5. fps throttle / window decoration

6. Open Inventor for E&P Data Types

7. GLUT and Window decorations

8. Run 3DS v4 with WinNT 4

9. Hallowen Web & COmputer Decorations

10. wall with 'decoration'

11. Inventor - SoXtFullViewer decorations

12. Inventor: Putting an additional ThumbWheel into Viewer Decoration area

13. Gingerbread decoration