Remeshing a FE mesh

Post by ulisses mel » Sun, 16 May 1993 00:38:39

        What is best way to remesh a too deformed finite element mesh?
Is there any automatic meshing and remeshing software available in the
market or in the ftp-world ? Any recommendation will be very appreciated.
I want to use my FE-codes and not a full featured black box commercial
program.

Thanks in advance.

ulisses.

Remeshing a FE mesh

Post by Bruce d. Sco » Sun, 16 May 1993 05:55:27

Quote:> What is best way to remesh a too deformed finite element mesh?

The technique is called "graph massage", by Alan Glasser and Andrew Kuprat,
who are developing the moving finite element method in several dimensions.
Look for paper(s) by them in the near future on how they do this for
Kelvin-Helmholz turbulence. J Comput Phys or someplace like that. It is
*not at all* trivial to do this "smoothly", ie, so your adaptive time
step doesn't go to zero after a massage session.

I hope they publish and not turn it into a trade secret.
--
Gruss,
Dr Bruce Scott                             The deadliest bullshit is

1. voxel viewing of FE mesh

Hello...

I would like to view 3D data of the internals
of a finite element mesh.

Is it possible to do this with Voxels?

As I understand, viewing voxel data requires
that each voxel, or element, be the same cubic size.

In an auto-generated FE mesh, elements will be
irregular and of different sizes.  Some elements may
even be highly distorted.  Is it even possible to view
a 3D FE mesh using a voxel approach?

Thanks,
tom impelluso

2. glVertexPointer

3. 3-D FE mesh display/printing

4. 1386 METABALLS!

5. voxel viewing of FE mesh

6. Celebrity Stars & <Misc. garbage>

7. Geometric detail suppression for FE mesh generation

8. Tool bar buttons corrupted

9. How to get base domain in remeshing ?

10. differences between ps3.05 FE and LE?

11. Fe de Erratas. Boletin Osaka Products

12. Animation of FE elastic bodies

13. quad-poly-mesh to triangualr-mesh?