HELP:Algorithm for intersection of line and volume

HELP:Algorithm for intersection of line and volume

Post by OH HONG ME » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

A question which I hope some kind soul can solve for me:

I'm doing a project on volume rendering using ray-casting. In the program, the view pane is rotated
about the centre of the volume instead of rotating the whole volume. Given the vector equation of
the line, how do I compute the points at which the ray enter and leave the volume?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ohm

1. HELP:Algorithm for intersection of line and volume

Hi,

A question which I hope some kind soul can solve for me:

I'm doing a project on volume rendering using ray-casting. In the program, the view pane is rotated
about the centre of the volume instead of rotating the whole volume. Given the vector equation of
the line, how do I compute the points at which the ray enter and leave the volume?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
ohm

2. Hacking PSP 4.0

3. Help!! Line Intersection Algorithms

4. Call for Artists

5. sweep line algorithm for line intersection

6. Raster image to vector conversion?

7. Need line/line intersection algorithm

8. Draw 6 (Build 176) Export Problem

9. Intersection of line and volume

10. line - volume intersection ...and texture mapping

11. Intersection of line and volume

12. Wanted: line-crossing-volume algorithm

13. algorithm sought: intersection of line and bezier