Interlaced JPGs?

Post by Alan Leu » Mon, 19 Aug 1996 04:00:00

        Is there such a thing as an interlaced JPG?  I downloaded a
picture from a Cindy Crawford site and then tried to open it with lviewp1b
(16-bit) and it said unrecognized file format, I believe.  Also, Netscape
displayed it progressively like an interlaced GIF89.

--

  /\   /   /_  /  / /\  //  )  http://www.ualberta.ca/~aleung/distract.html
 /_/  /   /   /  / / / /  ____       WWW page subjects incl:

Interlaced JPGs?

Post by Dwight Jurli » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>    Is there such a thing as an interlaced JPG?  I downloaded a
>picture from a Cindy Crawford site and then tried to open it with lviewp1b
>(16-bit) and it said unrecognized file format, I believe.  Also, Netscape
>displayed it progressively like an interlaced GIF89.

The image is likely Progressive JPEG.  You can find info on the format
in the JPEG FAQ.

<http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/jpeg-faq/part1/faq...>

And if you want some hands on experience with the format, you can
download the trial version of PhotoImpact GIF/JPEG SmartSaver, from
the Ulead Systems web site.

Dwight Jurling

http://www.ulead.com

Ulead Systems, Inc. - Innovative Multimedia Solutions

* Ulead PhotoImpact, MediaStudio Pro, MPEG Converter, ImagePals *

Interlaced JPGs?

Post by Alchemy Mindworks In » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I think you're looking at a progressive JPEG. These can be
read and written with our Graphic Workshop for Windows
software, available at our web page, listed below.

-Steve

>        Is there such a thing as an interlaced JPG?  I downloaded a
>picture from a Cindy Crawford site and then tried to open it with lviewp1b
>(16-bit) and it said unrecognized file format, I believe.  Also, Netscape
>displayed it progressively like an interlaced GIF89.

>--

>  /\   /   /_  /  / /\  //  )  http://www.ualberta.ca/~aleung/distract.html
> /_/  /   /   /  / / / /  ____       WWW page subjects incl:
>/ /o /__//__ /__/_/  \/ (__)   Gong Li, Bruce Lee, Aliens-based CGI game

Alchemy Mindworks Inc. -- Since the earth was flat
Download the latest versions of Graphic Workshop, Pagan Daybook,
GIF Construction Set and our other applications from our FTP site:
ftp.mindworkshop.com, in the directory /pub/alchemy

Mirror at ftp.rose.com in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov in the directory /alchemy
Mirror at ftp.solution.nl in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at ftp.inside.net in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at ftp.infobro.com in the directory /anon-FTP/pub/Graphics/alchemy/
WWW page at http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.html
Also, check out Real Fiction at http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/realfict/
and Indecent Images at http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/indcnt.html

Interlaced JPGs?

Post by The Camcom Networ » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> I think you're looking at a progressive JPEG. These can be
> read and written with our Graphic Workshop for Windows
> software, available at our web page, listed below.

> -Steve

And a top-notch program it is, I might add. Coming from a registered
user! You folks that haven't tried GWS or GIF Construction Set (for
animation) ought to check those programs out. It's a great value, and
they're good, solid utilities for everyday use if you do graphic design
work. I use them regularly for quick conversions, extracting single
frames from old animations, etc.

-=Cameron

Interlaced JPGs?

Post by Shawn Wallwor » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> > I think you're looking at a progressive JPEG. These can be
> > read and written with our Graphic Workshop for Windows
> > software, available at our web page, listed below.

> > -Steve

> And a top-notch program it is, I might add. Coming from a registered
> user! You folks that haven't tried GWS or GIF Construction Set (for
> animation) ought to check those programs out. It's a great value, and
> they're good, solid utilities for everyday use if you do graphic design
> work. I use them regularly for quick conversions, extracting single
> frames from old animations, etc.

> -=Cameron

Sounds great, so whats the URL?

thanks

--Shawn

Interlaced JPGs?

Post by Jack Berli » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> > > I think you're looking at a progressive JPEG. These can be
> > > read and written with our Graphic Workshop for Windows
> > > software, available at our web page, listed below.

> > > -Steve

> > And a top-notch program it is, I might add. Coming from a registered
> > user! You folks that haven't tried GWS or GIF Construction Set (for
> > animation) ought to check those programs out. It's a great value, and
> > they're good, solid utilities for everyday use if you do graphic design
> > work. I use them regularly for quick conversions, extracting single
> > frames from old animations, etc.

> > -=Cameron
> Sounds great, so whats the URL?

> thanks

> --Shawn

From Steve's earlier postings:
Alchemy Mindworks Inc. -- Since the earth was flat
Download the latest versions of Graphic Workshop, Pagan Daybook,
GIF Construction Set and our other applications from our FTP
site:
ftp.mindworkshop.com, in the directory /pub/alchemy

Mirror at ftp.rose.com in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at emoryi.jpl.nasa.gov in the directory /alchemy
Mirror at ftp.solution.nl in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at ftp.inside.net in the directory /pub/alchemy
Mirror at ftp.infobro.com in the directory
/anon-FTP/pub/Graphics/alchemy/
WWW page at http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/alchemy.html

And it is a nice package!  Tell him to use a better jpeg!
jack
Jack Berlin         Pegasus Imaging Corporation
           the BETTER JPEG people!
    813-875-7575 x303    Fax 813-875-7705
               http://www.jpg.com

1. scan rate conversion or Interlaced to Non-Interlaced

        I am looking for C code (actually any code or references) for
interlace to non-interlace conversion of a digitized NTSC signal to
a RGB signal.  The way I am currently doing it is to scan double

What I would like to do is oversample the even and odd fields

               ----------------|oversample|------------------

            /                                                  \ 512x512
NTSC-RGB ---                                                    -------
512x512     \                                                  /  60 hz

               ----------------|oversample|------------------

I am sure someone is doing work in this area, I just don't know
who.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,
-Scott

Scott Swazey

2. screen redraw problems...

3. De-interlacing and Re-interlacing with PVR

4. True Type vs. Type 1

5. To interlace or to not interlace?

6. color degradation from a raster

7. De-Interlace and Re-interlace s/w for PC

8. 3d stuff needed

9. How can i detect Animated Gifs, Interlaced Gifs, and Prograssive JPGs?

10. Conversion of Interlaced NTSC Video to Non. Interlaced VGA/SVGA

11. IMPORTANT!!! Interlacing Fields: Anyone know of Windows software for interlacing fields of consecutive frames?

12. problems with JPGs

13. lost .jpgs on zip drive using ulead software