Movie viewing (MPEG, Sparkle, QT, etc.)

Post by Eric Dockt » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 12:01:02

Hi all! I'm looking for some help for a somewhat specific problem, but any
advice on the topic would be much appreciated.

I've just started downloading movies (I view MPEGs with Sparkle, QT movies
with Simple Player). I've noticed that the MPEGs all tend to lose their
sound, however. Any suggestions? (I've tried to use Sparkle to convert the
MPEGs to QT, but the sound is still lost, and the video then plays too
quickly.)

And while I have your attention, does anyone know a good .ZIP decoder?

Thanx,

- Eric

J. Eric Docktor                    |Thought for the month:

Movie viewing (MPEG, Sparkle, QT, etc.)

Post by Matti Have » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 17:02:15

Does anyone know why Sparkle (v2.0, ThreadManager, MacIIsi/Q700) is
so slow. The speed seems to be abt. 1frame/second. Are there faster
mpeg-viewers?

-Matti

1. Help: Inventor animation to movie file (MPEG, QT etc)

I need to save some animations I've created with
Open Inventor into movie files of formats like
MPEG, QuickTime and so on (if there is no way to
save the animations directly into MPEG or QT format,
are there other intermediate formats which I could
subsequently convert to MPEG or QT?)

Any help would be appreciated (I have not found any
related info in SGI's FAQ's or the Open Inventor book).

Thanks, George

2. how to texture map?

3. QT->MPEG (How to produce and play back MPEG movies)

4. animation of 3D textures

5. mpeg or QT movie --> animated gif

6. Please look at this, it will only take a minute

7. MPEG and QuickTime views for WIN,DOS etc.

8. converting QT Mac movies to Windows movies ?

9. QT to MPEG or multiple PICTs to MPEG

10. help re sparkle and mpeg

11. MPEG and Sparkle

12. Sparkle (mpeg) type 11 error