Looking for 3D models of cars etc.

Post by Esther Mei » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

For a traffic simulation we are looking for 3D models of different
types of cars, trucks, motor-bikes, bicycles and people. We are using
inventor from SGI, but any other text-format will do.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Esther Meier

Communication Technology Lab,         |
Image Science                         | http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~ebmeier
Federal Institut of Technology (ETH)  |
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland           |

Post by Ansel Ten » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> For a traffic simulation we are looking for 3D models of different
> types of cars, trucks, motor-bikes, bicycles and people. We are using
> inventor from SGI, but any other text-format will do.

> Any help is greatly appreciated,

If you mean FREE models, check out the avalon data base at
http://avalon1.viewpoint.com/.  It contains mostly files in wavefront .obj
format, but can be converted to iv by ObjToIv.  Be forewarned that many
texture files are missing.

Ansel Teng                                            Tel: (818) 393-2705
Jet Propulsion Lab                                    FAX: (818) 393-3134

Pasadena, CA 91109-8099            http://www-msim.jpl.nasa.gov/Who/teng/

Post by Marcos Fajardo Orellan » Sun, 25 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> For a traffic simulation we are looking for 3D models of different
> types of cars, trucks, motor-bikes, bicycles and people. We are using
> inventor from SGI, but any other text-format will do.

> Any help is greatly appreciated,

> Esther Meier

You will love REM Infografica's model bank. It has some of the most
impressive models ever released to the public. They come in several
polygon density flavours, for you to choose the one that fits your
needs. They are 3DS-MAX files, but i hope you'll find a way to
import them into your preferred graphics package. The url is:
http://www.rem-infografica.es

Hope this helps,

        Marcos Fajardo
        http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2143

1. Looking for 3D models of cars etc.

For a traffic simulation we are looking for 3D models of different
types of cars, trucks, motor-bikes, bicycles and people. We are using
inventor from SGI, but any other text-format will do.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Esther Meier

Communication Technology Lab,         |
Image Science                         | http://www.vision.ee.ethz.ch/~ebmeier
Federal Institut of Technology (ETH)  |
CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland           |

2. VHS-graphic-tapes wanted !

3. Looking for freeware 3d models of muscle cars

4. Changing controlling stereo real estate (possible?)

5. looking for 3d object: seatbelt and some other car accesories like car doors

6. video card for lightwave ?

7. Looking for low poly car models

8. looking for simple car models

9. Oldtimer 3D car models