Can Performer load non-standard iv file?

Can Performer load non-standard iv file?

Post by Fangtu Qi » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Is there any method can be used to let Performer load non-standard iv file?
I mean the iv file includes some new nodes and engines written by
Inventor Toolmaker.

Thanks in advance.

Fangtu

I have problemes loading images with the non standard size. I read that the
standard is a power of 2. My radeon card allows me to read any height but
with a wodth multiple of 8. I also read in the Nehe tutorial the following :

"The image height and width MUST be a power of 2. The width and height must
be at least 64 pixels, and for compatability reasons, shouldn't be more than
256 pixels. If the image you want to use is not 64, 128 or 256 pixels on the
width or height, resize it in an art program. There are ways around this
limitation, but for now we'll just stick to standard texture sizes."

So what are these ways about this limitation ? Any help or link ?

Regards

Nicolas Cadilhac

2. Drawings, sketches & illustrations

4. TEXT HELP

6. Have you seen this yet!!??

8. Renderman and Max3

9. Performer 2.0 doesn't load OPENGL textures for 3D Studio files

12. Performer: Load Inventor-Files

13. Non-standard .IMG files from old Datacopy Xerox Scanners