Any ftp sites for Wavefront object models?

Any ftp sites for Wavefront object models?

Post by Francisco X DeJes » Sat, 17 Oct 1992 07:55:52

Title says it all. I'm looking for any sites where I can ftp object models
(or any other interesting stuff) for use on Wavefront (running on an Indigo).
While on the subject... any converters that can be used to import objects
from other modeling packages would also be useful. Thanks in advance...

--

disclaimer: "Opinions expressed here are mine. Typos and errors are all yours."

1. FTP SITE FOR 3D OBJECT MODELS/UTILITIES

Hello. It seems that there are always people here asking for information
on such sites, but there appear to be very little responses. Is there
any such site avaliable... a "central" site for 3D object models and
utilities?

If there isn't, we may just start one. We do a lot of work here using
Wavefront on SGI and HP machines, and already have a good number of objects
that we can make available for ftp. However, we don't want to have another
of the many sites out there with just a handful of files - that's the way
it is now and good stuff is scattered all over the net and is hard to track
down. So, if there is interest, we are willing to start up an anon ftp site
that will specialize in 3D graphics - object files (databases, libraries),
converters, utilities, textures... mostly for Wavefront but we'd be willing
to support others as well.

So... is there interest? Is there already such a site out there I don't know
about (so I don't have to waste my time doing this - instead, we'd be willing
to contribute what we have in order to centralize things)? Post, or respond by

OBdisclaimer: No promises or guarantees!
--

disclaimer: "Opinions expressed here are mine. Typos and errors are all yours."

2. Damage font repairs?

3. Graphic tablet for handwriting recognition?

4. FOLLOW-UP: FTP SITE FOR 3D MODELS/UTILS

5. Max4 License Probs???

6. FTP Site for 3D objects now OPEN!

7. drop shadows

8. Follow-up #2: FTP SITE FOR 3D MODELS...

9. MORE ON 3D MODEL FORMATS, FTP SITE, etc

10. Know of 3-d model ftp sites?

11. ftp sites for 3D models

12. FTP site for objects