OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Silverblad » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:08:16

Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't show,
seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated IE5 not
long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried changing
Security levels etc but to no avail :(
--
Silverblade
I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes in

Silverblade's Suitcase
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Stefan Kotuzia » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:10:36

It seems to work fine in Netscape.....:)
Maybe try one of the IE newsgroups? There's a lot of MS experts in
those.

Stefan

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by JoAn » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 13:42:31

Quote:> Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
show,
> seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated
IE5 not
> long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried
changing
> Security levels etc but to no avail :(

Works fine in my version of IE (5.50.4522.1800, updates: SP1, Q279328).

Jo

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Sally Beacha » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:39:59

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a problem I had not too long ago, something
corrupted my MS Virtual Machine, I had to download the latest Service Pack
for MSIE 5.5.

HTH
Sally

> Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
show,
> seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated IE5
not
> long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried changing
> Security levels etc but to no avail :(
> --
> Silverblade
> I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes in
> Nothing.

> Silverblade's Suitcase
> http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
> Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Tsunami » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 18:33:37

Also check the virus protector that you are using. Some of them won't let
java applets load by default. You could try disabling your virus protector
then go to the site and see if  the page loads. Make sure that the java
options are ticked on in IE under tools/advanced  first.

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Silverblad » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:34:32

Thanks for the help folks! :)
I'll try re-installing the service pack. Need to work with Java for college
work *sigh*

--
Silverblade
I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes in
Nothing.

Silverblade's Suitcase
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a problem I had not too long ago, something
> corrupted my MS Virtual Machine, I had to download the latest Service Pack
> for MSIE 5.5.

> HTH
> Sally

> > Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
> show,
> > seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated IE5
> not
> > long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> > http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> > I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried changing
> > Security levels etc but to no avail :(
> > --
> > Silverblade
> > I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes
in
> > Nothing.

> > Silverblade's Suitcase
> > http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
> > Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Silverblad » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 00:02:08

Thanks Sally, reinstalling VM did the trick! :)

--
Silverblade
I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes in
Nothing.

Silverblade's Suitcase
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a problem I had not too long ago, something
> corrupted my MS Virtual Machine, I had to download the latest Service Pack
> for MSIE 5.5.

> HTH
> Sally

> > Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
> show,
> > seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated IE5
> not
> > long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> > http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> > I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried changing
> > Security levels etc but to no avail :(
> > --
> > Silverblade
> > I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes
in
> > Nothing.

> > Silverblade's Suitcase
> > http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
> > Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Sally Beacha » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 02:14:31

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd take my TechnoDork Award of the Day, but it was really the Dear Hubby
who fixed it, I beat my head against my monitor for 2 weeks before he took
pity on me.

Sally

> Thanks Sally, reinstalling VM did the trick! :)

> --
> Silverblade
> I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes in
> Nothing.

> Silverblade's Suitcase
> http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
> Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

> > Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a problem I had not too long ago, something
> > corrupted my MS Virtual Machine, I had to download the latest Service
Pack
> > for MSIE 5.5.

> > HTH
> > Sally

> > > Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
> > show,
> > > seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated
IE5
> > not
> > > long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> > > http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> > > I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried
changing
> > > Security levels etc but to no avail :(
> > > --
> > > Silverblade
> > > I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, than a King who believes
> in
> > > Nothing.

> > > Silverblade's Suitcase
> > > http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/
> > > Remove "NOSPAM" from email address to reply :)

OT: java not working with IE5.5?

Post by Silverblad » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 02:43:19

hehhe! ;) well give him a hug in thanks, since I can't give him a Drambuie
:)
Microsoft once again wages war on our sanity! :>

--

Post by C. A. Upsdel » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:33:44

Quote:> Just notcied on a website that has a Java applet that the images won't
show,
> seems to be that IE5 is having problems with Java applets, I updated IE5
not
> long ago. Anyone got a clue as to why/how to fix?
> http://www.dreamscraps.com/java.html
> I was looking at this art site when I noticed this. I've tried changing
> Security levels etc but to no avail :(

With IE5 Java is optional: if you did not select the JVM, you will not get
Java support.