Cosmo3D: Using csTransformEng3f?

Post by Bruce Camero » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am using Volumizer and Cosmo3D to create
a volume roaming viewer. I have subclassed
csAppearance and csGeoSet to incorporate
the necessary Volumizer methods and am now
trying to connect a csTransformEng3f to the
coordSet so I can move the polygons about.

I create the csTransformEng with:

volCoords = new csCoordSet3f);
volCoords->point()->edit();
volCoords->point()->setRange(0, 8, (csVec3f*)coords);
volCoords->point()->editDone();

csMatrix4f mat;

mat.makeIdent();
roam = new csTransformEng3f;
roam->setTransformType(csTransformEng3f::POINT);
roam->input()->setRange(0, 8, (csVec3f*)coords);
roam->matrix()->set(0, mat);
roam->count()->set(0,8);
roam->connect(csTransformEng3f::OUTPUT, volCoords, csCoordSet3f::POINT);

where coords contains the 8 3-space coordinates defining
the vertices of the tetrahedra being drawn and volCoords
is the csCoordSet3f defining the tetrahedra.

To move the coordinates, I do the following during the
draw callback:

mat.makeIdent();
mat.makeTrans(xTrans,yTrans,zTrans);
roam->matrix()->set(0,mat);
roam->input()->setRange(0, 8, (csVec3f*)coords);

The trouble is nothing is being drawn. I can remove the
csTransformEng code and have the tetrahedra drawn correctly,
and I test to make sure that xTrans,yTrans,zTrans are limited
to stay within the boundaries of my data set. My guess is
that I've missed something elementary, but haven't a clue
as to what that might be.

Any suggestions, comments, help would be appreciated as the
few paragraphs in the Programmers Guide are a bit cryptic.

Thanks in advance.
--
--Bruce

1. gloria III + optimizer (and cosmo3d)

hi,
it seems elsa's gfxboard don't handle textures within optimizer in a
nice way. In a sample prog, my 3d model is only mapped with the last
loaded texture while when using other boards the model is mapped with
ALL his textures. does someone have any idea why? (bios and drivers are
the latest ones)
thanks.
regards,
thomas

2. What graphics packages?

3. Cosmo3D for ALPHA ?

4. (no subject)

5. Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

6. Height calculation

7. OpenGL Optimizer/Cosmo3D Problem: csSprite

8. Help:PDF und PPD in Quark

9. vrml2(wrl) to optimizer/cosmo3d(csb)

10. ogldebug(32) with Cosmo3D

11. Cosmo3D, Optimizer, and .csb files