Standalone VGA LCD active matrix monitors

Standalone VGA LCD active matrix monitors

Post by Bjorn R. Bjornss » Mon, 13 Jun 1994 01:51:27

I need about 6-10 active matrix LCD color displays.
These should have at a minimum a VGA interface.  They
may be packaged or (OEM) non-packaged products.

I'm aware of SHARP's QD-100MM which is a 10.4 inch
display with true color VGA/MAC + PAL/NTSC/SECAM video.
When this display came out last year it's list price was
~$8K.  I'm also aware of a display from HP (which I suspect
is the QD-100MM repackaged) with a list price of ~$10K.
These prices are somewhat out of my range.  When looking
through the latest computer magazines I note that notebook
computers with active matrix (aka TFT) displays have a
premium of about $500-$1000 over their dual scan (STN)
counterparts, usually though these displays are 8.5 to
9.5 inches.  Now this `may' be large enough for me.

Dual scan displays are completely out the question for my
application.

My questions are these:

1. Where can I find standolone active matrix displays for
`considerably' less than HP or SHARP (which btw. would
fit the bill perfectly if it weren't for the price)?

2. Is it possible to rip out the screen of most notebooks,
and connect them to a VGA interface? (cable or power modifications
are no obstacle).

Thanks,

1. Monitor Calibration, Photshop Workspace, LCD monitor

I've read somewhere on the web that LCD monitors have a linear gamma
equation so it is not really necessary to use Adobe Gamma Loader: is
this true?

My ATI graphic card has as usual a Color management tab in its
properties: is it better to use this one and not load Gamma Loader at
startup, or the contrary? Or should I disable both?

My digital camera CANON EOS 300D/REBEL can use either sRGB
(customizable) or AdobeRGB (not customizable): which one is better?
When shooting in RAW mode it uses AdobeRGB.

If using sRGB for the camera, should I set sRGB as Photoshop worspace or
AdobeRGB.

I'm really lost here: any help would be great :-)

2. v7 Tube cache

3. Xclaim 3D Plus Video Card: Digital LCD, S-Video/TV Out, VGA Out

4. Twist or Braid in Pov-Ray

5. VGA for LCD, feature connector

6. Image mapping bicubic patches & models

7. LCD VGA display

8. Plasma algorithm needed

9. FS: 64k Active Matrix 486 Notebook

10. FS: 486DX4 Notebook, 64k Active Matrix

11. WTB: PB520 Active Matrix Color Display Upgrade M3063LL/A

12. FS:PowerBook 5300c (active-matrix)

13. Active matrix displays