Where to find marble textures?

Post by Tyler Cheu » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Where can I find ppats or other textures that have a marble or granite
look, and preferable has the "veins" in the stone?  In that case, where is
a good archive of textures or backgrounds?

Thanks,

Tyler

Home Page at http://www.intac.com/~cheung

Post by Jeffrey Axli » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Where can I find ppats or other textures that have a marble or granite
look, and preferable has the "veins" in the stone?  In that case, where is
a good archive of textures or backgrounds?

Adobe makes a program called TextureMaker that creates different marble
textures as well as many other backgrounds ( stone, liquid,clouds, wood). I
don't have the program, but it looks very cool. It can be had for $99 from
Image club.  1 800 661 9410

--
Words belong to sender.
Sent from Designlink, San Francisco. Design, Graphics, Photo, Portfolios Online. Modem: (510) 933-9676.

Post by Shawn Joy » Tue, 06 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> Where can I find ppats or other textures that have a marble or granite
> look, and preferable has the "veins" in the stone?  In that case, where is
> a good archive of textures or backgrounds?

Have you snooped around ChinaLake?  Their site is avalon.vislab.navy.mil.
I put a bunch of textures there (about half of them seem to be useable).

Shawn Joyce

http://info.acm.org/~joyces/homepage.html

Post by Your na » Wed, 14 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> Where can I find ppats or other textures that have a marble or granite
> look, and preferable has the "veins" in the stone?  In that case, where is
> a good archive of textures or backgrounds?

> Thanks,

> Tyler

> --

> Home Page at http://www.intac.com/~cheung

Many very cool backgrounds available for the taking at Kai's Power tips page at

            http://the-tech.mit.edu/KPT/KPT.html

also I found the marble textures on the photoshop 3.0 CDRom to be really
nice, and if you sample a small piece and blow it up the size isn't so
outrageous.

Good Luck!

Post by James and Vanessa Prou » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

> Where can I find ppats or other textures that have a marble or granite
> look, and preferable has the "veins" in the stone?  In that case, where is
> a good archive of textures or backgrounds?

There are a few marble and granite textures at

<URL:ftp://avalon.chinalake.navy.mil//pub/textures/tif/>

For example:

<URL:ftp://avalon.chinalake.navy.mil//pub/textures/tif/mineral/marble01.tif>

--
James and Vanessa Prouty
Medium-Rare Antiques

1. IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND - MARBLE TEXTURE w/VEINS!!!

Does anyone have a cool looking marble texture with veins on it.
Perferably i am looking for a white marble with hints of green and
several stains on it.  However, it can be others too.

If it is possible please email me!  Thanks very much.  I've been
looking for weeks now with no luck.

2. TV tuner for Indigo2

3. Strange characters in BCB app ("e"="|")

4. Celebrating

5. OOPS! The fence again

6. PSP TEXTURES 6 Marble Textures

7. Marble - Let's make Marble - HOW?