MS-DOS drawing programs

Post by Louis Schmittro » Tue, 02 Jan 1990 17:49:00

I need some advice on graphics programs.  My environment is Xenix 386
2.3 running on a 386 AT clone, most of the time as the only user, so
that I can usually shutdown and boot DOS (I don't have VP/ix).  I have
a LaserJet II running the Elan troff package which allows the
inclusion of graphics files from MacPaint, PC Paintbrush, TIFF,
and raw format.  My problem is I have no way to produce those files
on this system, and I don't have a big budget.  I want to add
simple graphics to the documents I produce, and I dont't need
(nor can I afford) fancy WYSIWIG systems.  I have only a Hercules
compatible graphics adapter (which Xenix doesn't recognize anyway).

SO I am appealing for recommendations from the net on fairly cheap,
MS-DOS drawing programs for producing files which I can copy to
Xenix (it has `doscp') and include in my troff documents.
I would likely have to include the purchase of a mouse also,
so recommendations are in order there too.

Thanks
--

Louis Schmittroth, Computer Science, Athabasca University
auvax!louis

1. Compiling programs in MS-DOS using SRGP

Hi, I am reading Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice (Foley, Van
Dam, et al) for the first time, and I am having trouble compiling the
example program that came with the SRGP distribution.

Specifically, I am using Turbo C++ 3.0 and I am trying to compile it using
this:

c:\tc\bin\tcc -eexample -Ic:\srgp\include c:\srgp\lib\srgp.lib example.c

I'm not familiar with using TCC, so could someone point out to me what I'm
doing wrong?  Perhaps I should use the free Turbo C 2.0 instead?

Thanks,
Feihong

2. show a trend chart in vb5 windows

3. Graphics for C programs in MS-DOS

4. Graphic on MDI Desktop

5. 3D Khoros type program for MS-DOS needed

6. come

7. MS-DOS SuperVGA / VESA programming info

8. Newbie needs system recommendations

9. SUMMARY: 3D renderers for DOS / MS Windows / MS Windows NT

10. MS-DOS vs. IBM DOS, help wanted

11. NEED source code to display AVI, for MS DOS and MS/WINDOWS

12. Help on MSDOS based Drawing programs

13. need a drawing program for X _and_ Ms-Windows