>>Please help: jpeg problems....

Post by Rory Do » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

When I view my web-page chopped using Fireworks, the jpegs occasionally
look terrible even though they are compressed at 100% quality. Sometimes
they look fine, sometimes they don't. They get this kind of 'dithered'
look to them. The graphics have alot of grads in (hence why I'm using
jpegs in the first place - *y designers!)

I've tried creating the jpegs in a different application
(Debabelizer)... no different. I can look at the page one
minute...reboot my machine (Mac) and then they look terrible.

I haven't changed any settings on my monitor and I'm using Netscape
Communicator 4.7 to view. Could this be a Netscape problem or am I
missing something?

Please help!

Rory