"Mind's Eye" images

Post by Randy J. R » Sat, 25 Jul 1992 01:39:14

[Sorry if this was covered in the last few months, I am settling into a new
job with net access following a 7-month absence from comp.graphics]

Is there an ftp site that sports any images from the video, "The Mind's Eye"?
For those unfamiliar, this is a video of eight or so segments blended into
sequence as a single program. It sports amazing (IMHO) ray-tracing and
animation. The soundtrack is none too shabby, either. I am particularly inter-
ested in scenes from the segment with the chome-plated dinosaurs. GIF or JPEG,
or any format that xv can grok is fine.

Randy

I'd rather talk religion with Charles Manson than discuss ethics with Congress.
     -me                                                   Phone: (303)595-2852

"Mind's Eye" images

Post by David LeComp » Sat, 25 Jul 1992 04:57:06

Quote:>[Sorry if this was covered in the last few months, I am settling into a new
>job with net access following a 7-month absence from comp.graphics]

>Is there an ftp site that sports any images from the video, "The Mind's Eye"?
>For those unfamiliar, this is a video of eight or so segments blended into
>sequence as a single program. It sports amazing (IMHO) ray-tracing and
>animation. The soundtrack is none too shabby, either. I am particularly inter-
>ested in scenes from the segment with the chome-plated dinosaurs. GIF or JPEG,
>or any format that xv can grok is fine.

>Randy

[sigh]

I've got to say that the original animation work that went into that
tape was truly amazing. If you look at the back of the box, you get
the idea that there are 8 mixed sequences. But if you'll watch at the
end of the tape, there are about 30 titles listed as sources. One
example is Marilyn MonRobot; only about 30 seconds on the screen.
Another, not so fortunate piece is the "Temple" scene, where birds are
flocking around and dog-like creatures accompany running humanoids. I
*LOVED* this work in its entirety, and bought the tape to get this
piece. I was astonished to see how butchered the piece became. It was
even broken into two pieces, to better go with the theme that "The
Mind's Eye" was trying to present.

One other flame (oh, you hadn't noticed that this was a flame? Sorry.)
is that the music is great, but it's not the original that accompanied
the works, at least in some cases. I think that with Stanley and
Stella, they used the original soundtrack... but the other pieces were
all sort of predigested and fed in the computer graphics equivalent of
mashed potatoes or Spam.

Oh, it's a great tape, and I don't regret buying it (much), but I
think that the packaging is misleading.

And I don't have any sources for stills. Sorry.

                        -Dave LeCompte

--
---------------------
ObSig

1. "Flashy" eyes after red eye removed

Hi
I was forced to do some low level light pics with just the internal flash
(canon eos10D)
which yielded the dreaded "red eye".When I removed the red I was left with
large flash light
reflections (huge highlights?)which still impart an "alien"or "demonic"
quality to the eyes.
Do I have to reconstruct the irises/pupils in PSCS (how?) or is there some
other way to recover
more natural looking eyes?

Thanks

Sam

2. Plug-ins

3. ****"""""BUG IN PROGRAM"""*****

4. Backwards Animation

5. 3D Animation Needed for new "Mind's Eye" video

6. SIGGRAPH program listing

7. Can't use "image control"

8. "eye" space

9. "Magic Eye" picture program wanted