Image libraries for MS-Windows, Unix, and DOS?

Image libraries for MS-Windows, Unix, and DOS?

Post by Woody Throw » Sat, 19 Feb 1994 00:42:52

Eyring is looking for image libraries for MS-Windows, Unix, MSDOS,
and possibly OS/2.

Requirements for the product (roughly prioritized):
1) A reasonable variety of image formats.  (At LEAST gif, tga, pcx, and
   bmp.)
2) Resizing and cropping.
3) Palette arbitration and quantization.  Image quality is important.
   Good dithering is a plus.  The ability to disable dithering would be
   nice, but not required.
4) Anti-aliasing for resizing.  Resizing will often be performed on line
   drawings, and line removal badly mangles the images.  The ability to
   disable anti-aliasing would be nice -- many images don't need it.
5) Image contrast and brightness control.

Please email any information you have regarding products that satisfy

--

1. any port of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries to MS-Windows or DOS

Hello,

Has anyone done a successful port to MS-Windows or DOS (Mac would be
nice, too) of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries?  The version I
have is TIFF 3.30beta 002.  I renamed the libtiff files to make DOS
happy (8.3 filenames), and am compiling with Watcom C 9.0 with the
following flags, with some warnings...

CONF_LIB = -DFEATURE_SUPPORT -DCOMPRESSION_SUPPORT -DCCITT_SUPPORT

CFLAGS = -d2 -p -sg -zq -zw -DBSDTYPES $(CONF_LIB)

...most importantly from tif_pckb.c.  When running, TIFFReadDirectory()
is choking, with the error message "Can not read TIFF directory".  I
suspect some byte-ordering or similar portability problem.

I can't use DLLs or such, I need ported source code.  If you have any
ideas, I'd appreciate your input.  I'll pass on my stuff and your port
info to Leffler.  I'm no DOS/Windows programmer anyways, so if you
have opinions on your favorite "real" debugger for this platform, I'd
be interested.

thanks, ----mark

919.286.1441
919.481.1353

2. encore moi !!!

3. SUMMARY: 3D renderers for DOS / MS Windows / MS Windows NT

4. SCREEN FREQUENCY

5. image compressor for ms-dos and/or unix

6. What is Gaffer?

7. NEED source code to display AVI, for MS DOS and MS/WINDOWS

8. Night Vision Effect in DirectX 7

9. MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images

10. Animation-software for X-Windows and MS-Windows or DOS

11. DeluxePaint for MS-DOS/Linux/UNIX?

12. Unix and DOS C Graphics libraries

13. C++ graphical library for MS-DOS available ?