Problem with Free Hand 4 and Postscript error

Problem with Free Hand 4 and Postscript error

Post by Andrea Angioli » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Heh, does anybody know how can I do? This is my problem.

I have a Mac Quadra 800 with 50 mb Ram and 400 hd, and an Apple Laser  pro 630

With Free Hand 4, I drew three simple (111 kb each) document: but now,
if I add anything on it (a line, a rectangle or a word), I can't print; I
receive, insted,
this alert:
Postscript error:limitcheck OFFENDIG COMMAND: setscreen
VMSTATUS max: 2389760 avail: 2247260 level: 5

I've done everything (or almost!), like:
open new document and paste from the old one;
draw elements in a new document, and paste in the old one;
do an Eps file, and paste in a new one;
modify levels;
eliminate tiff;
modify tiff in Photoshop, and paste in Free Hand;
change fonts;
change colors;
change line thickness;
change Ppd;
change printer's drive;
print on foto unit system;
print on file;
print from an other computer;
re-install Free Hand

And now? I'm looking for a miraculous solution!

Post by Anton Futsela » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

> Heh, does anybody know how can I do? This is my problem.

> I have a Mac Quadra 800 with 50 mb Ram and 400 hd, and an Apple Laser  pro 630

> With Free Hand 4, I drew three simple (111 kb each) document: but now,
> if I add anything on it (a line, a rectangle or a word), I can't print; I
> receive, insted,
> this alert:
> Postscript error:limitcheck OFFENDIG COMMAND: setscreen
> VMSTATUS max: 2389760 avail: 2247260 level: 5

> I've done everything (or almost!), like:
> open new document and paste from the old one;
> draw elements in a new document, and paste in the old one;
> do an Eps file, and paste in a new one;
> modify levels;
> eliminate tiff;
> modify tiff in Photoshop, and paste in Free Hand;
> change fonts;
> change colors;
> change line thickness;
> change Ppd;
> change printer's drive;
> print on foto unit system;
> print on file;
> print from an other computer;
> re-install Free Hand

> And now? I'm looking for a miraculous solution!

Hi Andrea,

Sometime this kind of errors happen. Somewhere in your document is
probably a lose anker point. Turn of the preview, select all and seach for
a dot with a little cross on it and remove it. Or else: make an eps and
print from Quark.

goodluck, Anton.

Look also on: http://www.euro.net/ecompany   at Anton's Freehand page.