Merging Overlapping TIFF Images

Post by james_br.. » Sat, 15 Jan 1994 04:38:37

I have a need to scan images into a 256-grayscale TIFF file that are larger
than the standard flatbed scanners, which only deal with 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
inch images.  I will therefore have to scan in two overlapping segments and
merge them in software.  It seems likely that this has already been done
before.  Does anyone know of an algortihm or software to accomplish this?

I believe I know how to discard the redundant areas of the image and merge
them, but my algorithm will not work unless both images are EXACTLY aligned.
Since I'm dealing with a variety of images, I can't rely upon a common edge or
boundary to align them.

1. Merging Overlapping TIFF Images

I have a need to scan images into a 256-grayscale TIFF file that are larger
than the standard flatbed scanners, which only deal with 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
inch images.  I will therefore have to scan in two overlapping segments and
merge them in software.  It seems likely that this has already been done
before.  Does anyone know of an algortihm or software to accomplish this?

I believe I know how to discard the redundant areas of the image and merge
them, but my algorithm will not work unless both images are EXACTLY aligned.
Since I'm dealing with a variety of images, I can't rely upon a common edge or
boundary to align them.

2. is there any component that can deal Tif file?

3. Merging unit sqaures into non-overlapping rectangles

4. Compressing terrain maps. Do YOU know how to?

5. Merge Text in TIFF, JPEG or whatever

6. GNUPLOT Questions

7. Multipage TIFF Extraction / Merge Utility

8. Q: Is there a way to use Bryce Landscapes with moray/pov objects ?

9. merging tiff files?

10. How to Overlap Images

11. How do I make those overlapping, translucent images?

12. Looking for overlapping DTED and IMAGE data?