Raytracing software for gemstone facetors?

Raytracing software for gemstone facetors?

Post by Shawn Joy » Tue, 06 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Dear Everyone,

   My father facets gemstones.  Several years ago there were several ray
tracing packages that would allow a user to model their cut by specifying
the facet angles and degrees.  You would specify the gemstone material,
and the ray tracer would then render your cut and you would be able to see
what it was going to look like.  Does anyone here know where I could get
such a package?  Or, does anyone here know someone who would know?

Thank you for your help.

Shawn Joyce

http://info.acm.org/~joyces/homepage.html

1. Ray tracing Modeler for Gemstone Facetors?

Dear Everyone,

   My father facets gemstones.  Several years ago there were several ray
tracing packages that would allow a user to model their cut by specifying
the facet angles and degrees.  You would specify the gemstone material,
and the ray tracer would then render your cut and you would be able to see
what it was going to look like.  Does anyone here know where I could get
such a package?  Or, does anyone here know someone who would know?

Thank you for your help.

Shawn Joyce

http://info.acm.org/~joyces/homepage.html

2. POV-Ray 3 Source Code???

3. Fading effect

4. cheap gemstone stock,and your best gemstone supplier in China

5. Launching default media player

6. Help needed modelling a Diamond gemstone in three-dee

7. Dreamscape 1.02, September issue!

8. Gemstones

9. Gemstone tutotial posted to alt.binaries.comp-graphics

10. gemstone optics in LW???

11. your best gemstones supplier in China

12. Best gemstone cutting service in China