corel export

Post by Moehlmann Pet » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I love to export Corel Files from Corel to tga e.g. from the Art Shows.

But some pictures are so slow with corel draw,

How to make it more quickly?

I use corel 5 on a pc with 24 Meg ram, a lot of hard disk.
Gradients is set to 100. I want to export them to 640 to 480.

How can I import .cdx -files correctly with photopaint?

Peter

corel export

Post by Michael Larso » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I love to export Corel Files from Corel to tga e.g. from the Art Shows.

> But some pictures are so slow with corel draw,

> How to make it more quickly?

> I use corel 5 on a pc with 24 Meg ram, a lot of hard disk.
> Gradients is set to 100. I want to export them to 640 to 480.

> How can I import .cdx -files correctly with photopaint?

> Peter

Export is most dependent on RAM and CPU speed.  You already have plenty of RAM.  If you can
upgrade your CPU, this will speed things up proportionally.

Also note that CorelDraw 6 exports appreciably faster (I haven't timed it yet) and with
better quality than 5.

Alas, the .cdx file is a compressed vector file.  You can only load it into Draw 5
(ironically, Draw 6 cannot handle the .cdx format yet) & export it to a raster format (TGA,
TIF, BMP, etc.) which can then be opened by Photopaint or other bitmap editing program.

If speed is of prime importance, Corel Xara runs circles around Draw & exports vector to
raster like Draw.  It does not, however, support .cdx.  You would have to open .cdx in
Draw5, and save as a .cdr which could then be opened & exported by Xara.  Export speed &
quality in Corel Xara is also superior to Draw5.

My web page listed below has some benchmarking for CorelDraw, Xara, & Adobe Photoshop on
Win95 vs. Windows NT 3.51 on a Pentium 100 PC(mostly an operating system comparison) if
you're interested.

     http://www.webcom.com/larsonm/
              -- Visual Synergy --
. . . melding photography and illustration
Windows NT as a Graphical Workstation?
"I would like to see myself a little more
comfortable . . . in just everyday . . .
in just listening to my voice."
   <Sandra Bullock> to Barbara Walters, 1995

1. Corel export to 3D, I have trouble

Hey, anyone...

I have a map of a city with the state and streets designed in corel draw
9.0 (2D). I used the "combine" command  (ctrl+L) to join the streets as a
single and closed draw, and used free lines to design other parts.

My trouble begins when i export it to 3D-Max 4.0, running in Windows 2000
ME.

When i import as .dxf  the Max shows it destroyed.

When i import as .ai (Illustrator format) the Max doesn't renderize the
streets and just generate opened lines (splines). When i try to convert it
to any other format, the image explode and the program closes. Meanwhile,
the state alone is imported without any troubles in .ai format!

How could i put the streets on a renderable way?

2. Oxygen 202? Worth it?

3. Corel Export

4. FS: LW6 - £900 ono (UK)

5. Why won't Corel export GIFs "correctly"?

6. We are looking for Coupon Business Owners/Marketers @<@

7. exporting eps files form corel to quark

8. There is a bug with textures in Lw6 or am I missing something ?

9. Corel 8 exporting to Illustrator format PROBLEM

10. Exporting from Corel

11. exporting gif files from corel draw

12. Exporting GIF from Corel 4

13. Exporting a GIF from Corel 4