Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
> selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
> you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
> currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
> to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
> irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
> Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
> as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
> area filled in with the background color.

My PSP 7 works the same as PSP 6. Make a circular selection in a photograph.
Crop to selection and the circlular selection is centered in the new image
window with the background color surrounding the selection to the edges of the
image window.
This also occurs when I make an irregular selection using the Lasso selection
tool set at Freehand and then Crop to Selection.

Quote:

--
Bill - PSP 7, PSP 6, and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderout » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 11:56:22 -0500, Bill Schnakenberg

>> A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
>> selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
>> you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
>> currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
>> to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
>> irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
>> Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
>> as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
>> area filled in with the background color.

>My PSP 7 works the same as PSP 6. Make a circular selection in a photograph.
>Crop to selection and the circlular selection is centered in the new image
>window with the background color surrounding the selection to the edges of the
>image window.
>This also occurs when I make an irregular selection using the Lasso selection
>tool set at Freehand and then Crop to Selection.

Mine is working (or actually, not working) the same as Mardi's - the
crop is to the rectangular bounds (as usual) but the selection is lost
and the background is _not_ removed.

Jackie

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Kris Zaklik » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

It works perfectly for me. The new image is the bounding box of
the irregular selection. What was the selection shape contains
the original image contents. Everything outside this irregular
shape up to the rectangular selection bounding box (now the sides
of the new image) is filled with background color. Given your
former problem with the Histogram Adjustment filter it sounds
as though your computer has some form of demonic possession :)
I tried various settings on the color/style palette but have
failed to recreate your problem.

Kris

> A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
> selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
> you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
> currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
> to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
> irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
> Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
> as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
> area filled in with the background color.

> Mardi

> Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
> ____________________

> Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> _________________

> Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

>A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
>selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
>you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
>currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
>to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
>irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
>Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
>as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
>area filled in with the background color.

>Mardi

Crop has always worked to a rectangular section.   Crop is defined as
resizing the overall image to the outer extremities of the selection.
It'll always be rectangular.  (or square)

As defined by windows, you cannot have an irregular window, it'll
always be square or rectangular.

Don't get cropping and cutting and pasting an irregular image
confused.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderout » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:51:32 -0500, Ronald Vick

>>A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
>>selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
>>you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
>>currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
>>to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
>>irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
>>Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
>>as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
>>area filled in with the background color.

>Crop has always worked to a rectangular section.   Crop is defined as
>resizing the overall image to the outer extremities of the selection.
>It'll always be rectangular.  (or square)

>As defined by windows, you cannot have an irregular window, it'll
>always be square or rectangular.

>Don't get cropping and cutting and pasting an irregular image
>confused.

I don't think she is, Ron - here's the two cases:

PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
_not_ reverted to the background colour).

Very different results.

Jackie

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Donald F. MacLea » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Tried both circle selection, and freehand. My version(7) crops to a rectangular
shape with NO selection shown! The votes seem to evenly split - or is that an
impolitic Canadian comment at this time?

DFM

Post by Chuck Anderso » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> Ok Kris...looks like it is not an isolated problem.  What kind of
> information would be helpful to track down the reason why this
> function works on some computers and not on others?

I get the same results as you, Mardi.

I'm using Windows286 with 640k of RAM.
... ... ... just kidding.

Actually, Win95.  Anything else that would matter?  User prefs?

> >It works perfectly for me. The new image is the bounding box of
> >the irregular selection. What was the selection shape contains
> >the original image contents. Everything outside this irregular
> >shape up to the rectangular selection bounding box (now the sides
> >of the new image) is filled with background color. Given your
> >former problem with the Histogram Adjustment filter it sounds
> >as though your computer has some form of demonic possession :)
> >I tried various settings on the color/style palette but have
> >failed to recreate your problem.

> >Kris

> >> A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
> >> selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
> >> you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
> >> currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
> >> to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
> >> irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
> >> Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
> >> as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
> >> area filled in with the background color.

> >> Mardi

> >> Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
> >> ____________________

> >> Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> >> Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> >> _________________

> >> Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> >> cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

> Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
> ____________________

> Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> _________________

> Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:15:08 -0500, David and/or Jackie Laderoute

>On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:51:32 -0500, Ronald Vick

>>>A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
>>>selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
>>>you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
>>>currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
>>>to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
>>>irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
>>>Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
>>>as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
>>>area filled in with the background color.

>>Crop has always worked to a rectangular section.   Crop is defined as
>>resizing the overall image to the outer extremities of the selection.
>>It'll always be rectangular.  (or square)

>>As defined by windows, you cannot have an irregular window, it'll
>>always be square or rectangular.

>>Don't get cropping and cutting and pasting an irregular image
>>confused.

>I don't think she is, Ron - here's the two cases:

>PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
>rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
>outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

>PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
>rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
>is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
>_not_ reverted to the background colour).

>Very different results.

>Jackie

Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderout » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:14:05 -0500, Ronald Vick

[snip]

Quote:>>PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
>>rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
>>outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

>>PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
>>rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
>>is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
>>_not_ reverted to the background colour).

>>Very different results.

>>Jackie

>Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
>there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

?  I'm missing something here, I think.  I don't consider PSP 6's
behaviour "bad" - it's what I expected, and what I expected out of PSP
7.  Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well...

Both versions crop selections to rectangular bounds just large enough to
hold the selection - naturally, since all file formats extant depend on
rectangular images.  What differs is what happens to the portion of that
rectangular area that was outside the original selection.  In PSP 6,
that portion was dropped and replaced with the background colour - this
made it easy to produce oval vignettes from a feathered elliptical
selection, for example.  In PSP 7, this doesn't happen - worse, the
selection itself disappears so you are left having to reselect what you
want, then inverting and deleting, etc.  If I had to classify one of
these behaviours as "bad', it would be PSP 7's - especially since it
appears that it is an aberrant behaviour that only occurs on some
systems.

Jackie

--
< o \"/  Don't play cat and mouse with me!                    (
  ---? )                                                    ()-()

************************************************************/\o/\

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Chuck Anderso » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:15:08 -0500, David and/or Jackie Laderoute

> >On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:51:32 -0500, Ronald Vick

> >>Crop has always worked to a rectangular section.   Crop is defined as
> >>resizing the overall image to the outer extremities of the selection.
> >>It'll always be rectangular.  (or square)

> >>As defined by windows, you cannot have an irregular window, it'll
> >>always be square or rectangular.

> >>Don't get cropping and cutting and pasting an irregular image
> >>confused.

> >I don't think she is, Ron - here's the two cases:

> >PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
> >rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
> >outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

> >PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
> >rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
> >is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
> >_not_ reverted to the background colour).

> >Very different results.

> >Jackie

> Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
> there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

I see your point (previous post -- crop vs. cut), but I never considered that PSP6
had it wrong.  If I wanted to select the whole rectangular area, the bounding box,
then that's what I'd do.  Select a rectangle.  There's even an option in the Crop
dialog box to do just that.  Otherwise, when I select the irregular shape, that's
all I want from the image.

I can see how neither way is absolutely correct.  But why change such a basic
function?

 Chuck Anderson ? Boulder, CO    CycleTourist at
 http://www.CycleTourist.com     worldnet.att.net
 Tolerance is recognizing that other people have different ideals
 and needs than you. Compromise is acting on that knowledge.

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Angela M. Cabl » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Mine's doing the same thing, how bizarre...Win98SE.

> A visitor to my web site sent me an e-mail asking why cropping to a
> selection does not work on irregular shapes.  In prior versions, when
> you cropped to a selection, the background area was filled by the
> currently selected background color.  In version 7 it always defaults
> to a rectangular crop.  To test this, open a photograph.  Make an
> irregular selection (a circle or ellipse).  Choose Image>Crop to
> Selection.  On my version and on my visitors version, the crop ends up
> as a rectangular crop, not a circle or ellipse with the background
> area filled in with the background color.

> Mardi

> Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam.  mardi at mardiweb dot com.
> ____________________

> Come visit my Web Graphics on a Budget home page for Paint Shop
> Pro tutorials, free graphics and fonts.  http://www.mardiweb.com/web
> _________________

> Come visit my Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum for low-fat eating and
> cooking tips and lots of low-fat recipes.  http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat

--
Angela M. Cable
http://www.neocognition.com

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9871/PSPlinks.html
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/
BladePro Visual Archive:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~angeal/

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:38:35 -0500, David and/or Jackie Laderoute

>On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:14:05 -0500, Ronald Vick

>[snip]

>>>PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
>>>rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
>>>outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

>>>PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
>>>rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
>>>is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
>>>_not_ reverted to the background colour).

>>>Very different results.

>>>Jackie

>>Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
>>there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

>?  I'm missing something here, I think.  I don't consider PSP 6's
>behaviour "bad" - it's what I expected, and what I expected out of PSP
>7.  Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well...

>Both versions crop selections to rectangular bounds just large enough to
>hold the selection - naturally, since all file formats extant depend on
>rectangular images.  What differs is what happens to the portion of that
>rectangular area that was outside the original selection.  In PSP 6,
>that portion was dropped and replaced with the background colour - this
>made it easy to produce oval vignettes from a feathered elliptical
>selection, for example.  In PSP 7, this doesn't happen - worse, the
>selection itself disappears so you are left having to reselect what you
>want, then inverting and deleting, etc.  If I had to classify one of
>these behaviours as "bad', it would be PSP 7's - especially since it
>appears that it is an aberrant behaviour that only occurs on some
>systems.

>Jackie

Crop, by definition is a re-sizing of the image.  It appears that
there was a defugality in 5 & 6 that caused the area outside the
selection to be changed in color, but that is NOT cropping, it's just
a quirk of those programs.

I must admit that losing the selection is something I didn't expect
from the operation, but since I'm aware of what's going to happen, I
just save the selection to the Alpha Channel, and recall it if I need
it.

So, from my viewpoint, both programs have their quirks, neither is
perfect, but all are functional, and none are 'broke'.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 23:13:08 GMT, Chuck Anderson

>> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:15:08 -0500, David and/or Jackie Laderoute

>> >On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:51:32 -0500, Ronald Vick

>> >I don't think she is, Ron - here's the two cases:

>> >PSP 6 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection".  Result is
>> >rectangular bounding box containing original selection - all areas
>> >outside selection have reverted to the set background colour.

>> >PSP 7 - select irregular area and "Crop to Selection". Result is
>> >rectangular bounding box with _no_ selection and entire rectangular area
>> >is from the image (i.e. those areas outside the original selection have
>> >_not_ reverted to the background colour).

>> >Very different results.

>> >Jackie

>> Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
>> there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

>I see your point (previous post -- crop vs. cut), but I never considered that PSP6
>had it wrong.  If I wanted to select the whole rectangular area, the bounding box,
>then that's what I'd do.  Select a rectangle.  There's even an option in the Crop
>dialog box to do just that.  Otherwise, when I select the irregular shape, that's
>all I want from the image.

>I can see how neither way is absolutely correct.  But why change such a basic
>function?

To make it operate more correctly, of course.

8^)

The only difference I see is the color replacement outside the
selection, which is NOT a Crop function, and the loss of the
selection, which is a very minor annoyance although still an
annoyance.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by Ronald Vic » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 03 Dec 2000 00:05:32 GMT, "JaGo"

>> Yes, but if 6 was bad all that time and nobody worried about it then,
>> there's little need to worry about it now that a new version is out.

>> Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive
>Officer.
>> Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
>> FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
>> Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
>> My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

>If 6 was bad, then so was 5, and who knows how far back (5 was my first
>version, so I don't know when Crop to Selection was introduced).

>5 does the same as 6, the effect is as explained at length in the above
>posts, in both versions. 7 changed all that - or so it appears on my
>system. A possibly larger problem is the fact that some of us are getting
>the results expected from previous versions, and others, myself included,
>are seeing this new result, where the area outside the selection isn't
>deleted to Background colour.

>What are we missing here? Is it possibly a setting in PSP? A bug? The fact
>is, it works for some of us, and not for others. That's the Why? of the
>whole thing.

I suspect that seeing it as a problem may be how focused in on PSP you
are.  If you're used to using a multitude of graphics programs, I
believe you're more likely to want a universal defined operation,
rather than relying on a quirk of a single program you're more
accustomed to.

The versions  work differently.  PSP 7 is more in tune with the rest
of the world with the way the Crop works now, than in previous
editions.    There are quite easy ways around the differences.
With PSP 7, you had to become used to a new way to select colors,
textures and fill patterns, this is just a minor difference.

Jaggiemeister Ron- PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter, Executive Officer.
Great Beginner info at http://www.jasc-canada-psp-edu.com
FAQs at http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
Very FAQ at http://members.aol.com/psptopten/topten.html
My tips at http://hometown.aol.com/ronaldlvick/index.html

Image>Crop to Selection Not Working

Post by David and/or Jackie Laderout » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 19:24:14 -0500, Ronald Vick

>On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:38:35 -0500, David and/or Jackie Laderoute

>>On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:14:05 -0500, Ronald Vick

>>[snip]

>>Both versions crop selections to rectangular bounds just large enough to
>>hold the selection - naturally, since all file formats extant depend on
>>rectangular images.  What differs is what happens to the portion of that
>>rectangular area that was outside the original selection.  In PSP 6,
>>that portion was dropped and replaced with the background colour - this
>>made it easy to produce oval vignettes from a feathered elliptical
>>selection, for example.  In PSP 7, this doesn't happen - worse, the
>>selection itself disappears so you are left having to reselect what you
>>want, then inverting and deleting, etc.  If I had to classify one of
>>these behaviours as "bad', it would be PSP 7's - especially since it
>>appears that it is an aberrant behaviour that only occurs on some
>>systems.

>Crop, by definition is a re-sizing of the image.  It appears that
>there was a defugality in 5 & 6 that caused the area outside the
>selection to be changed in color, but that is NOT cropping, it's just
>a quirk of those programs.

I disagree.  The command is called "Crop to Selection" - to me, that
distinguished it from the standard "Crop" and implied that only the
selection would remain. That the selection would be bounded by a
standard rectangular shape was not a surprise, but that image
information from outside the selection would be included was. If I
wanted to do a straight rectangular crop, I would have used the Crop
tool in the first place.

"Crop to Selection" was immensely useful, and one of the behaviours I
preferred in PSP over, say, Photoshop's limitation to rectangular
selections or Photopaint's "Crop to Mask" (which at least leaves the
mask as an active selection).

Quote:>I must admit that losing the selection is something I didn't expect
>from the operation, but since I'm aware of what's going to happen, I
>just save the selection to the Alpha Channel, and recall it if I need
>it.

But that's, frankly, a pain.  "Crop to Selection" gave us a handy
shortcut; now we have to make the selection, save the selection to the
Alpha Channel, perform the Crop, then reload the selection, invert and
delete... ick. 'Course, if we had macros, this would not be such a
nuisance <smile>.

Quote:>So, from my viewpoint, both programs have their quirks, neither is
>perfect, but all are functional, and none are 'broke'.

But PSP 5 and 6 gave us greater functionality and the ability to choose
between behaviours - PSP 7 limits us to one.  Anything that lessens
choice and function is, in my mind, a bad thing (TM). And to use your
analogy, if it ain't broke - why fix it?

Jackie

--
< o \"/  Don't play cat and mouse with me!                    (
  ---? )                                                    ()-()

************************************************************/\o/\

1. Help required - Crop tool not working

My crop tool for some reason has stopped working.  When I try to click and
drag over an area of the image, it stops about 1/4 of the way.  Also the
ability to resize the cropped area is no longer there.  I don't know if
there is anything I have done or if it is a known issue.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Version is 6.0.1.

Brystar

2. Images on RichEdit

3. Crop marquee not working

4. Can't update PageMaker to 6.5.2, WHY??

5. Crop an Image from a Selection?

6. printing at Hi-Res

7. cropping image to selection

8. "transform selection" does not work