Importing a Database into Pagemaker or QuarkXpress

Importing a Database into Pagemaker or QuarkXpress

Post by Michael Rossitsc » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

we are looking for someone who can programm a tool for importing a
database into one of the programms Pagemaker or QuarkXpress.

Thank, in hope that someone would reply

Post by merc5 » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> we are looking for someone who can programm a tool for importing a
> database into one of the programms Pagemaker or QuarkXpress.

> Thank, in hope that someone would reply

Adobe Pagemaker has a "third party partner" program where they list
products taht are addons to Pagemaker. I remember seeing a company that
provided a plugin or script that does what you want. I can't find the
catalog, but contact Adobe and I am sure they can get you the info.

Regards,

G.T. Koldjeski

Post by Joe Mugn » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > we are looking for someone who can programm a tool for importing a
> > database into one of the programms Pagemaker or QuarkXpress.

> > Thank, in hope that someone would reply

> Adobe Pagemaker has a "third party partner" program where they list
> products taht are addons to Pagemaker. I remember seeing a company that
> provided a plugin or script that does what you want. I can't find the
> catalog, but contact Adobe and I am sure they can get you the info.

> Regards,

> G.T. Koldjeski

There is also a QuarkXtension that will import database info into Xpress.
The downside is that it is(as are most good Xpress extensions) expensive.
Never
having had the need for such a tool, I do not know the publisher, However,
Extensis almost certainly carries it.

--Joe

1. URGENT: PageMaker import/import & database connectivity

Hi there,

A friend has a product catalog of some 300 pages neatly aligned in
tabular format and all done in PM.

We now need to get these products into a relational database (Oracle or
Sybase etc.)

I have personally never used PM so am working blind here. If anyone has
any idea of wether or not this is even possible let alone know of
methods of how this can be done, please let me know URGENTLY!

I read somewhere about ODBC plugins and somewhere else about being able
to export to MS Excel but nothing concrete .... grrrr

Of course if there was a way to use ODBC to keep the two linked, this
would be first prize as both the database and the physical catalog will
have to be updated and changed regularly.

PLEASE help us out here !!!

Many thanx
Grant

2. another homepage online...

3. Help: Importing QuarkXPress Files to Pagemaker

4. Questions about 3dstudio 4.0

5. Importing from Database into Pagemaker - Formating

6. Saving in GIF format? sometimes yes, sometimes no...

7. PageMaker - Import Database ala DataShaper

8. importing pagemaker 5.0J file in pagemaker 6.5

9. importing html to QuarkXPress?

10. Help! Need to import styled text into QuarkXPress