Netrenderman Farm program(tcl,perl, whatever)

Post by Michael B. Johnso » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>         I'm wondering if anyone knows of a freely distributable program for
> farming out renders.  I'd be very surprised if there aren't numerous programs
> that exist, but I guess the question is whether anyone has been generous
> enough to share.  I also suspect that tcl would be a perfect choice for such a
> thing, but I've yet been able to sniff out one on the net.
>         I'd like it to run on Irix or Linux, and yes, thanks, I know about
> Alfred - looking for a free solution that I could hack/whatever...

Have you looked at "farm" in the UNIX BMRT distribution?

--

-->  TS2 Lighting, Pixar Animation Studios
-->  http://www.media.mit.edu/~wave

1. Netrenderman Farm program(tcl,perl, whatever)

        I'm wondering if anyone knows of a freely distributable program for
farming out renders.  I'd be very surprised if there aren't numerous programs
that exist, but I guess the question is whether anyone has been generous
enough to share.  I also suspect that tcl would be a perfect choice for such a
thing, but I've yet been able to sniff out one on the net.
        I'd like it to run on Irix or Linux, and yes, thanks, I know about
Alfred - looking for a free solution that I could hack/whatever...

        Thanks in advance!

        J.C.

2. how to wrap text around sphere?

3. Windows 95 Programming (TM, Copyright, Whatever)

4. HELP A NEWBIE

5. NetRenderman vs. Backburner

6. URGENT:JPEG Movie Format

7. netrenderman error

8. Stuttgart Festival of Animation. Interviews with Bill Plympton, René Castillo

9. NetRenderMan for Mac

10. NetRenderMan

11. Netrenderman trouble - 2 Macs & PhoneNet

12. NETRENDERMAN