Mac Installers

Post by Mike Bukh » Sun, 15 Jan 1995 00:42:32

I have a quick question and am wondering if someone could help me out.  I
am looking for an Installer type program for the Macintosh so I could make
a graphical installation script for an application.  Just a simple one
that would prompt the user with some questions, modify a few files, and
copy some files in the background.  I need something more
graphically/script orientated as my C knowledge is almost non-existent.

I grabbed apple installer but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
I was told i'd have trouble with it, *I will give it a try.  Are
there any shareware programs out there I could use?  I have also heard of
a program called 'aladdin' which I am told is a lot easier to use.  I
know its not PD, but if anyone has the number of the company that has it
I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks for your time in advance.

Please reply in email if possible.

Mike Bukhin

Mac Installers

Post by Alan Walkingt » Sun, 15 Jan 1995 10:23:10

[clip]

Quote:> I have also heard of  a program called 'aladdin' which I am told
> is a lot easier to use.  I
> know its not PD, but if anyone has the number of the company that has it
> I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike:

Aladdin Systems
165 Westridge Drive
Watsonville, CA 95076
(408)761-6200

Alan Walkington

--
Alan Walkington

1. 4.01 Mac Installer Bug

Is it just me or is the following true for everyone trying to install the
Photoshop 4.01 patch for the Mac:

   If Photoshop is named as it was originally installed (Adobe Photoshop?
4.0) the installer will state that there is a file by the same name as
the  folder it needs to install (again, Adobe Photoshop? 4.0) and will ask
if you want to delete the file. Obviously, deleting the file won't work (I
found out the hard way) since it will remove the Photoshop application it
is about to patch.

   It would seem that the answer would be to simply rename the Photoshop
4.0 application, but upon doing so the installer starts the installation
process, then quits saying that "the file Adobe Photoshop? 4.0 could not
be found."

Any workarounds or info on a new patch would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lance

=================
- to respond by email, please substitute "macconnect" for "nospams"

2. Memory expansion for VDC 800 graphics card

3. 4.01 installer for Mac doesn't work

4. 2D Director Animator Wanted

5. Quicktime Installer

6. Fast Polygon Routines needed.

7. CD Installer & Autoloader

8. Amiga 4000T ?

9. ATI Universal Installer 3.3 on an 8600/300

10. OS 8.5 and Avid installer incompatibility?

11. Texture installer

12. Desktop Textures Installer

13. Texture Installer?