DGL/GLX capable X server for Linux

Post by Walter Robers » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

:Our institute has some SGI boxes and I am having difficulties in
:displaying them on my Linux, Red Hat 5.2, kernel 2.0.36 with XFree86
:3.3.2.
:Some app would show "Xlib GLX missing" while others returned "not dgl
:capable" errors and died.
:I managed to find out and get GLX extension to the X server. But how
:about DGL errors? Can someone tell me if there are workarounds, or am I
:missing something important?

FAQ. http://www-viz.tamu.edu/~sgi-faq/

You CANNOT display DGL onto Linux machines. The software is Not Available,
and Will Not Be Made Available.

1. DGL capable X-Server

We have got an WebFORCE Indy with e.g. diverse
media tools and other graphical tools.
We also have several X-Terminals (Tektronix)
and X-Server on Windows platforms (Hummingbird HCL eXceed)
running against the Indy.
If we start a media tool such as imgworks, imgview
or just the jot editor, it cannot be started because
of the failure:
  dgl error (protocol): remote machine not DGL capable - machine_name:0
  dgl error (default init): default dglopen(machine_name:0,4) returned -13
We solved this problem by installing public domain software, but I think
this is not a solution :-(

1. What is "DGL"?
2. Are there an X-Terminal/X-Server that is DGL capable?

Ronald.

--

---------------------------------------
Ronald B?ttcher (Boettcher)

DVZ Datenverarbeitungszentrum
Mecklenburg-Vorpommern GmbH
Abt. DT
Luebecker Str. 283
19059 Schwerin
(Germany)

Phone:  +49 385 4800-373
FAX:    +49 385 4800-788
---------------------------------------

2. gif construction set

3. Linux accellerated GLX server

4. Error messages in PSP-really need help!

5. X servers with GLX for linux

6. Vertex arrays and hardware acceleration

7. DGL capable???

8. 3DS MAX and Win95

9. glx extensions, undefined glx references with glut (Linux)

10. DGL vs GLX

11. DGL in Win32 OpenGL X11 Server

12. PC X Server and DGL