postscript errors?

Post by Ed Hausaue » Thu, 18 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking for any one who can point me in the right directoin for answers
to some common postscript messages. During my work doing output at  the
service bureau which i'm employeed, i constantly run in to the same
problems RIPing customer files. Errors such as "typecheck" "stackoverflow"
and "limitcheck". Now I know how to fix most problems with the files
themselves, (trap, bleeds, tif and eps problems) BUT i do not know where to
go  to find out what is causing these postscript errors.Short of learning
postscript language, what can be done to learn about or aleiviate some of
the more common errors.
 Any help w/ answers or even a direction to go  to  find this info would be
greatly appreciated

Thanx in advance.

Ed Hausauer

postscript errors?

Post by George Ho » Fri, 19 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I'm looking for any one who can point me in the right directoin for answers
> to some common postscript messages. During my work doing output at  the
> service bureau which i'm employeed, i constantly run in to the same
> problems RIPing customer files. Errors such as "typecheck" "stackoverflow"
> and "limitcheck". Now I know how to fix most problems with the files
> themselves, (trap, bleeds, tif and eps problems) BUT i do not know where to
> go  to find out what is causing these postscript errors.Short of learning
> postscript language, what can be done to learn about or aleiviate some of
> the more common errors.
>  Any help w/ answers or even a direction to go  to  find this info would be
> greatly appreciated

> Thanx in advance.

> Ed Hausauer

You could start at

http://www.quite.com/ps/

George Holt, Deputy Head of Photography
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, London, UK

http://wkweb4.cableinet.co.uk/george.holt/holtweb/index.html

1. Word98 postscript error...

A customer's Word98 document won't print.
It is a grant application with a Canvas graphic pasted in (actually,
several chunks of graphics).
The Canvas graphic prints from Canvas.
The document prints just fine when opened with Word 6.01.
But it always generates a postscript error when opened with Word98.
The error:

ERROR: undefined

STACK:

14
17
164
298
150
229

I've tried it on other systems and other printers.
The same problem every time.

I've tried to find a mention of a known conflict, but I'm unable to find
anything.

How can I get this to print in Word98?

--

bcnu - G (John Gladu)                 Opinions are just that
Macintosh Info Center Consultant  Baylor College of Medicine

US MAIL: IREL300, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, Texas  77030

2. Will an Octane work with my Sun monitor?

3. A Postscript Error Has Occured

4. Future of the Internet contest - Check it out !

5. postscript error with new printer

6. Assigned Bitmap & StretchBlt

7. PostScript Error

8. 3DS Screen Dumps - How?

9. QuarkExpress & PostScript Errors

10. Problem with Free Hand 4 and Postscript error

11. Postscript error in Freehand 3.1

12. Postscript Error question

13. HP Print Driver/Postscript errors