Does Illustrator for PC have same features as Mac version

Does Illustrator for PC have same features as Mac version

Post by Steven Gre » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Can someone tell me if the latest  pc version of Illustrator has all
the same features and tools available as the latest Mac version.

Thanks,
Steve

Post by laio » Sat, 25 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Can someone tell me if the latest  pc version of Illustrator has all
> the same features and tools available as the latest Mac version.

> Thanks,
> Steve

-------------------------
The features for PC and MAC version are same,
 if the version are same. (i.e. all is 5.5)

Jimmy

Post by Christopher Fen » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Can someone tell me if the latest  pc version of Illustrator has all
> the same features and tools available as the latest Mac version.

> Thanks,
> Steve

I think the PC version is stuck at V4.x, which would *not* have the
same features as the current Mac version V6.01.

Adobe, really dropped the ball on this one! Perhaps V7 will even
it out. FYI V4.0 does not handle gradient info.

Good luck,
 Chris from:
       ,
     ((.   /))     /\
    ((_ ye/_))eam \\_entral

     http://home.earthlink.net/~eyebeam/
 "Nothing computes anymore, Will Robinson!"

Post by Michael Meridet » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> > Can someone tell me if the latest  pc version of Illustrator has all
> > the same features and tools available as the latest Mac version.

> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> -------------------------
> The features for PC and MAC version are same,
>  if the version are same. (i.e. all is 5.5)

> Jimmy

That being said, I believe PC Illustrator is stuck at version
3.something.  The PC version is seriously deficient (Mac is actually now
up to version 6, with raster support, etc.)  That's why Corel Draw is so
popular on the PC side (it's a horrible app, by the way).

mike
|                                                          |
|  Michael Merideth          Cumulus Internet Services LLC |
| Ph  (970) 498-0183            http://www.horsetooth.com  |
| Fax (970) 416-8414               Fort Collins, Colorado  |
|__________________________________________________________|

Post by John Dowde » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> > Can someone tell me if the latest  pc version of Illustrator has all
> > the same features and tools available as the latest Mac version.

> > Thanks,
> > Steve
> -------------------------
> The features for PC and MAC version are same,
>  if the version are same. (i.e. all is 5.5)

Unfortunately, there's as yet no common numbering code across platforms
for that tool... went from 3.1 (?) on the Mac, to 4.0 on PC, to 5.0 on
Mac, then 5.5 and 6 on Mac. While the sentence above is absolutely
correct, the conditional has never been fulfilled....

In short, no, the current version of Adobe Illustrator for Windows is not
comparable to its current version on Macintosh. The current 4.0 version of
ILL/Win came out four to five years ago, with only a recent minor updater
for Win95. Although there's been no official announcement it's expected
that there will be a new Mac/Win version this spring.

[Semi-abashed but nonetheless worthwhile plug: FreeHand 7 for Mac and
Windows is nigh feature-identical on both platforms, and even the older
version of FreeHand beat the shootouts against other contemporary drawing
tools.]

jd

.
  John Dowdell                ||   Public forums have first claim on
  Macromedia Tech Support     ||   support time -- I cannot sustainably
  San Francisco CA            ||   respond to private email, sorry.

                      New Macromedia mirror sites:
       http://www-euro.macromedia.com, http://www-asia.macromedia.com

Does Illustrator for PC have same features as Mac version

Post by MIke Lawles » Wed, 29 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Unfortunately, there's as yet no common numbering code across platforms
> for that tool... went from 3.1 (?) on the Mac, to 4.0 on PC, to 5.0 on
> Mac, then 5.5 and 6 on Mac. While the sentence above is absolutely
> correct, the conditional has never been fulfilled....

> In short, no, the current version of Adobe Illustrator for Windows is not
> comparable to its current version on Macintosh. The current 4.0 version of
> ILL/Win came out four to five years ago, with only a recent minor updater
> for Win95. Although there's been no official announcement it's expected
> that there will be a new Mac/Win version this spring.

> [Semi-abashed but nonetheless worthwhile plug: FreeHand 7 for Mac and
> Windows is nigh feature-identical on both platforms, and even the older
> version of FreeHand beat the shootouts against other contemporary drawing
> tools.]

> jd<<

This I can attest to. I have Illustrator 4.1 and Freehand 7 on my
Windows machine, and Illustrator 6 and Freehand 7 on my Mac. Illustrator
on Windows flat out sucks. Buggy, unstable and won't print right.
Freehand is virtually identical on both platforms with the most notable
exceptions being the difference between command keys on the Mac and Ctrl
key on Windows. Oh yeah, the button to close the window is on opposite
sides too. The big thing is the difference between Ilustrator and
Freehand. Different ways of doing things. Each has things they do easier
than the other. Just takes a bit of getting used to.

1. Illustrator, PC - What Version?

I just bought my first copy of Illustrator.  Version 4.1 (PC) was the
newest I could find.  Does a newer one exist?  The manual in 4.1 is
dated 1992.

2. Computer Tomography software, anyone?

3. Mac Illustrator EPS Format To Use for Win6.5 version of Pagemaker

4. Gnuplot version 3.8