any port of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries to MS-Windows or DOS

any port of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries to MS-Windows or DOS

Post by Mark Bigge » Fri, 21 Jan 1994 04:13:53

Hello,

Has anyone done a successful port to MS-Windows or DOS (Mac would be
nice, too) of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries?  The version I
have is TIFF 3.30beta 002.  I renamed the libtiff files to make DOS
happy (8.3 filenames), and am compiling with Watcom C 9.0 with the
following flags, with some warnings...

CONF_LIB = -DFEATURE_SUPPORT -DCOMPRESSION_SUPPORT -DCCITT_SUPPORT

CFLAGS = -d2 -p -sg -zq -zw -DBSDTYPES $(CONF_LIB)

...most importantly from tif_pckb.c.  When running, TIFFReadDirectory()
is *, with the error message "Can not read TIFF directory".  I
suspect some byte-ordering or similar portability problem.

I can't use DLLs or such, I need ported source code.  If you have any
ideas, I'd appreciate your input.  I'll pass on my stuff and your port
info to Leffler.  I'm no DOS/Windows programmer anyways, so if you
have opinions on your favorite "real" de* for this platform, I'd
be interested.

thanks, ----mark

919.286.1441
919.481.1353

Post by Erik Ohrnberg » Wed, 26 Jan 1994 01:16:46

[...]

I'd be interested in this also.
                Thanks,
                        Erik.
--

800 Tower Drive         Troy, MI 48007-7019     #include <std.disclaimer>
Mob rule isn't any prettier merely because the mob calls itself a government.

1. Sam Leffler TIFF libraries

I'm working with some colleagues using Sam Leffler's TIFF libraries for the
SGI trying to build on to them to support reading a modified TIFF
image file format.  Being as all we have is the code, it's been a
trying process to figure out everything that is happening and where.

Is there any documentation available on-line which we can get ahold of?
It would be most appreciated.  I'll be looking at the sgi graphcis
faq's after this is posted as well, so maybe I'll find something there.
(I'd look first before I ask, but I'm reading offline, hung over, and
too tired to put in the effort :> )

Thanks for any help!

--

[ Amblimation /       :  my opinions are mine alone and not to be    ]
[ Universal Pictures  :  confused with any other raving nutter       ]

2. opengl's stacks

3. Image libraries for MS-Windows, Unix, and DOS?

4. Illustrator not printing some fonts

5. Using Sam Leffler's libtiff with OpenGL and GLUT

6. what is the best MAX driver for RivaTNT?? OpenGL or Hiedi

7. WinTiff6 Sam Leffler's Lib

8. Which programs are best?

9. Using Sam Leffler's libtiff with OpenGL and GLUT

10. TIFF library suitable for MS-DOS?

11. Question on porting GLE library to MS Windows 98/NT

12. SUMMARY: 3D renderers for DOS / MS Windows / MS Windows NT

13. MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images