POV-Ray 3.0 Released!

Post by Leveill » Thu, 15 Feb 1996 04:00:00

This is ONLY a public BETA DOS release which will expire in about 6 weeks.
If the Pov team is not ready to release the final version by that time
they plan on releasing another beta revision.  Also no source code is
included.  A windows download promises to be available soon.

POV-Ray 3.0 Released!

Post by Carl Perki » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:}You think that Valentine's Day is bad... we wanted to release at
}halftime on Superbowl Sunday!

That would have been great.

Particularly since we'd be much of the way through the beta test period and
that much closer to the source release so I could build it for my system.
(No, not Unix - VMS.)

--- Carl

POV-Ray 3.0 Released!

Post by Dan Farme » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

You think that Valentine's Day is bad... we wanted to release at
halftime on Superbowl Sunday!

POV-Ray 3.0 Released!

Post by Dan Farme » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

We debated the concept of a public beta, and were pretty much
evenly split.  But I think (I hope!) you'll find that the code is
quite solid, and not at all like some of the public betas that
ought to be private alphas that we've all grown so fond of
recently (damn!  Netscape just GPF'd on me again! <g>)

POV-Ray 3.0 Released!

Post by Julien Sebo » Fri, 16 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> You think that Valentine's Day is bad... we wanted to release at
> halftime on Superbowl Sunday!

Thank you it's a great present for a Valentine's day
thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank
you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank
[...]
you!thank you!tthank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank
[...]
you!thank you!thank you!hank you!thank you!thank you!thank you!thank