Why only 8 colors in Dialog?

Post by Stephen Ka » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I'm relatively new to Mac programming.  I'm writing code resources
for a program called MAX. In a code resource, I've called a Dialog
with GetNewDialog.  In my Dialog, you can access the Color Picker,
which properly displays all the thousands of colors.  Yet when I
pick one, and try to draw with it in the Dialog box, it gets changed
to one of 8 primary colors.

I've monitored that the color is coming back from the color picker
correctly, but the Dialog box refuses to draw in the proper color.

My resource has a 'dctb' resource, so I thought that was
automatically supposed to return a pointer to a color graphics port.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Stephen Kay      composer/musician/programmer

1. Filling the picture box eith the color of a common dialog selected color

Hi there,

I'm after wiping an image from a picture box and filling it with a color
that is selected using the commondialog control color palette.  I've tried
to do this myself but so far it does nothing but crash.  Can someone help
me.

Thanks in advance,

John jones

2. A question on VGA 256 color maps

3. Inserting System Colors into Color Dialog

4. Question about straight lines and circles

5. 256 color faster than 16 color ...why?

6. plotting time

7. Why different color pixels in solid color background?

8. On Open Dialog & Save Dialog Box

9. OpenGL and the Color Chooser Dialog

10. Background color: Text Entry Dialog Box PSP 6.1

11. Palette / System Color Dialog